Universal Orlando News & Planning Thread

Maybe…I’ve seen it be busy on Saturday with people not leaving until late in the day or staying to depart Sunday. IMHO - Sunday is busy at least until mid-day. You do get the crossover of departures & arrivals!!

3 Likes

Me too!

1 Like

Touring Plans are expecting a crowd level of 5/10 for Sunday and 4/10 for Monday.

1 Like

Is JRA still officially closed? I saw it open for a bit yesterday with wait times but it seemed closed a chink and it’s closed all day today. Hoping it just hadn’t reopened yet.

1 Like

We rode it last night. And got DRENCHED.

4 Likes

Happy you got to ride it. Sorry you got drenched! :laughing:

1 Like

Wow. It’s been down all day! I hope it’s ok. It goes down a lot and worry it will be down for our trip. It’s our top priority. It’s not til June but see it down a lot.

1 Like

That makes me so HAPPY!! (and jealous!!)

I want to ask so many questions about effects working and the show building! I truly love this ride!

Either DM me or we can bore everybody here! :wink:

5 Likes

You really think this group of people would be bored by UOR chat? :face_with_raised_eyebrow::laughing:

4 Likes

The silly and tedious JPRA Q&A I have in mind might actually do it!

When all the effects are going 100%…It’s the best story flume ride anywhere!! I’ve seen it that way, in full action, maybe twice last year. There are some elements I don’t freak out about if they are off or in “B” mode, but often this year there were major elements not consistently going…

Plus, I’d blur a lot as I am going to definitely spoil things!!

5 Likes

I have to wonder if I’ve ever seen it fully. I do know that when we were there in May 2021, the ride felt extremely tame in that…I could have sworn there was a lot more tension that built when I had previously ridden it…so I found it somewhat disappointing.

But that might be the reason…things were off that shouldn’t be compared to when I had ridden it before.

Regardless of any of that…it always surprises me when people say they get drenched on the ride. Each time we’ve been on it over the years, we’ve gotten mildly splashed. Barely wet at all. I’m not sure how they can control that for the season, so it must somehow come down to how the boat is balanced based on the number of riders and their positions.

3 Likes

I’ve had the same experience! It does depend on how full the boat is. I have seen people in the front row get pretty wet on a heavy boat. However, most of the time I just giggle at the people putting their ponchos on as they board!!

3 Likes

I’m now very curious about your questions for some strange reason. I hope you ask them here.

2 Likes

They had half the dinosaurs behind scrim when we rode it! (which explains why it was down the following day)

I loved riding it at night, though. Very cool in the dark.

2 Likes

We were in the front row to one side and had a larger-sized couple in the same row with us. So we got very, very wet.

The first time we rode it last summer we hardly got a drop on us!

2 Likes

We went to Volcano Bay for the first time on Wednesday. Just took the first bus from Portofino and there was maybe 20-30 people in front of us for security, and then we were 6 back at the taps.

I was irked because we were let in at 9:30 and a Universal team member stopped me for survey questions right after we scanned in and got our tapu tapus. I answered the first few questions (from United States, English speaking, zip code) and then she tried to hand me a tablet for questions. I said “I’m sorry, I don’t have time for this.” and left. Seriously, I get a half hour EPA and you expect me to fill out a survey? Stupid move, Universal.

We set up camp (some covered loungers near the lazy River and used a portable safe, thank you @darkmite2 !) and then rode Krakatoa twice. We used our tapu tapu to ride it a third time after we got lunch at 11.

Volcano Bay is certainly the best water park I’ve ever been to, and, dare I say it? It might be the best Universal theme park. I was blown away by it and we didn’t do a ton because I have fearful daughters.

The fearless river was a blast, the aqua coaster amazing. We loved inside the volcano and the “quiet” pool and the wave pool and Runamukareef. The food was incredibly good— my coconut chicken curry was gluten-free and delicious. Mobile order was easy and my daughters loved their pizzas.

The park is clean and fun and just very enjoyable. It was the highlight of our trip and we will definitely

do multiple days in June.

11 Likes

OMG! I’m no longer alone!! It feels so “wrong” to say VB is the best park, but it may be!

I like to say, “USF & IOA have great rides & shows, but the best overall park for me is VB!”

I’m glad you got in easy via bus. I hate to make the main gate sound so awful, but without a shade structure to wait under it’s the only bad thing about the VB experience - IMHO. That’s why I skip it!! :rofl:

4 Likes

Wow! This makes me look twice at adding this to our future trip.

3 Likes

You should! It’s fantastic. Though I had a crappy time last trip because we were late and I was hangry.

2 Likes

How does it rank against WDW waterparks? I’ve never been to those either. I would categorize our people as mild thrill seeking, if that makes any difference.