Universal Orlando News & Planning Thread

I wonder if the Universal Pay thing works? (The QR code in the app)

Good questionā€” not sure. I was surprised AP discount couldnā€™t scan?

We just got off Gringotts and are waiting on Simpsonā€™s. After weā€™re off Simpsonā€™s, Iā€™ll stop into Kwik E Mart to find out if theyā€™re up and running. I need to spend some money on gifts at the All Hallows Boutique and Tribute store and need to use my card and not cash

3 Likes

Good luck! I just saw the mess posted on Twitter!! :scream:

3 Likes

I just asked a Team Member at the MIB gift shop if it was resolved. He said that itā€™s hit or miss. Some places itā€™s working, some itā€™s not. Yikes! And itā€™s incredible busy at the parks.

4 Likes

Would you be able to confirm that the Nighttime Lights at Hogwarts are currently running?

Since there are not specific showtimes, itā€™s impossible to tell from the app!

If you wait until later in the day to check the Universal Orlando app you should see Hogwarts showtimes closer to nightā€¦ They donā€™t show any evening performances on the app until at least 2pm.

Furthermore you canā€™t see afternoon shows in the morning either. I can use TP to ā€œknowā€ thereā€™s a Bourne show around 4pm. However, Universal will only list the AM - lunchtime shows until midday. I wonā€™t know the exact time in that hour the show starts until it shows up in the App.

(Or I walk past the show building to see the daily times!)

7 Likes

I am seeing tweets that the credit card system is back online!! Hope that helps!

8 Likes

Wow what a nightmare! Glad itā€™s fixed.

2 Likes

It was up when I went into the Tribute Store around 11:30 amā€¦. and then I did some damage :wink::dollar::moneybag:

4 Likes

Still nothing showing on the app

2 Likes

With it being Fat Tuesday there may not be a show tonight. I imagine thereā€™s a big Mardi Gras parade crowd tonight!

1 Like

Thanks, Iā€™ll keep an eye on this the next couple nights!

2 Likes

We saw the Hogwarts show going on this evening. We rode JPRA and saw the projections & fireworks as we walked to & from it.

7 Likes

Thanks for reporting!

2 Likes

I completely goofed and thought you meant Cinematic Celebrationā€¦opps! Been busy today!:crazy_face:

(Iā€™m proofreading and editing all my TRs. Iā€™ve been at it a little at a time. Iā€™m still not even through the second one yet! So many photos to crop and side tangent conversations to edit)

1 Like

I think between Presidentā€™s Day and Mardi Gras falling in the same week and the mentioned school break weeks, it all formed the perfect storm of crowds! We lived in New Orleans for a couple of years and they take off school the week of Mardi Gras. A lot of families go on vacation to escape the Mardi Gras crowds at home.

3 Likes

Tom Bricker has been posting about this week in particular for awhile. He has been calling it the ā€œWorst Week of Winterā€

Edited to add: Iā€™m coming on Saturday :laughing:

8 Likes

Surely everyone will leave Saturday and youā€™ll be fine? Theyā€™ll need a day to sleep before going back to school. I have friends arriving Sunday. It seems like the crowds will start going down by then.

1 Like

Touring Plans still has Saturday as an 8/9 out of 10 but it drops down starting on Sunday. We have express pass so we will be fine. Also, I donā€™t mind some pool time if the parks seem too hectic. It will definitely be hot enough for that!

Rascal :wink:

Iā€™m hoping Sunday and Monday are not crazy.

2 Likes