Universal Orlando News & Planning Thread

I wonder if the Universal Pay thing works? (The QR code in the app)

Good question— not sure. I was surprised AP discount couldn’t scan?

We just got off Gringotts and are waiting on Simpson’s. After we’re off Simpson’s, I’ll stop into Kwik E Mart to find out if they’re up and running. I need to spend some money on gifts at the All Hallows Boutique and Tribute store and need to use my card and not cash

3 Likes

Good luck! I just saw the mess posted on Twitter!! :scream:

3 Likes

I just asked a Team Member at the MIB gift shop if it was resolved. He said that it’s hit or miss. Some places it’s working, some it’s not. Yikes! And it’s incredible busy at the parks.

4 Likes

Would you be able to confirm that the Nighttime Lights at Hogwarts are currently running?

Since there are not specific showtimes, it’s impossible to tell from the app!

If you wait until later in the day to check the Universal Orlando app you should see Hogwarts showtimes closer to night… They don’t show any evening performances on the app until at least 2pm.

Furthermore you can’t see afternoon shows in the morning either. I can use TP to “know” there’s a Bourne show around 4pm. However, Universal will only list the AM - lunchtime shows until midday. I won’t know the exact time in that hour the show starts until it shows up in the App.

(Or I walk past the show building to see the daily times!)

7 Likes

I am seeing tweets that the credit card system is back online!! Hope that helps!

8 Likes

Wow what a nightmare! Glad it’s fixed.

2 Likes

It was up when I went into the Tribute Store around 11:30 am…. and then I did some damage :wink::dollar::moneybag:

4 Likes

Still nothing showing on the app

2 Likes

With it being Fat Tuesday there may not be a show tonight. I imagine there’s a big Mardi Gras parade crowd tonight!

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll keep an eye on this the next couple nights!

2 Likes

We saw the Hogwarts show going on this evening. We rode JPRA and saw the projections & fireworks as we walked to & from it.

7 Likes

Thanks for reporting!

2 Likes

I completely goofed and thought you meant Cinematic Celebration…opps! Been busy today!:crazy_face:

(I’m proofreading and editing all my TRs. I’ve been at it a little at a time. I’m still not even through the second one yet! So many photos to crop and side tangent conversations to edit)

1 Like

I think between President’s Day and Mardi Gras falling in the same week and the mentioned school break weeks, it all formed the perfect storm of crowds! We lived in New Orleans for a couple of years and they take off school the week of Mardi Gras. A lot of families go on vacation to escape the Mardi Gras crowds at home.

3 Likes

Tom Bricker has been posting about this week in particular for awhile. He has been calling it the “Worst Week of Winter”

Edited to add: I’m coming on Saturday :laughing:

8 Likes

Surely everyone will leave Saturday and you’ll be fine? They’ll need a day to sleep before going back to school. I have friends arriving Sunday. It seems like the crowds will start going down by then.

1 Like

Touring Plans still has Saturday as an 8/9 out of 10 but it drops down starting on Sunday. We have express pass so we will be fine. Also, I don’t mind some pool time if the parks seem too hectic. It will definitely be hot enough for that!

Rascal :wink:

I’m hoping Sunday and Monday are not crazy.

2 Likes