Universal Orlando News & Planning Thread

:scream::scream::scream::scream:

1 Like

Hagrid’s is 180 and VC is still 180. It makes me wonder if the Express Lane is unofficially open.

JP River hasn’t opened yet so that isn’t helping.

4 Likes

It is posted that express opened this morning for VC. I have a friend there that confirmed.

5 Likes

Now confirmed under participating attractions of EP

The question now is, is it permanent or just till Hagrid’s reopens in March. I would guess permanent.

8 Likes

I noticed that the CLs for many of the Disney parks have been 9s for the past few days. I really had no idea President’s Day weekend would draw in such astronomical crowds. It appears UOR is similarly experiencing high crowds.

Anyhow
do you think the 180 minute wait is legit? Or is it (as per the usual at UOR) artificially inflated
possibly as a means to convince people to pay for EP?

1 Like

CL10’s at both Universal parks yesterday

I would still expect a 30% wait time inflation on VC

2 Likes

The reason we are here this week is because my daughters have school break all week. There are a lot of schools in the northeast that do (note: we live in Indy)

Also, the Princess half marathon is at WDW the latter part of the week so that’ll increase crowds too

Makes sense.

Note to self: Don’t ever go to Disney/UOR mid-February!

5 Likes

Peaks waits yesterday were 130 for VC on a CL10 at IOA.

So the posted waits today are a pretty large bump with the Express lane open.

Blue is yesterday, red is today

3 Likes

It is hard to judge based on one day
especially since today is President’s day, and could simply have higher crowds. I suppose to be sure, it would be to see if other popular rides are seeing similar increases in waits or not.

I just saw the VC UXP update!! Pretty Exciting!!

1 Like

It’s also Mardi Grad tomorrow so double bam!

1 Like

There’s a new collectible butterbeer mug!! I’m so glad this came out AFTER I left!
( $34.99 )

I can’t tell if the foam on top is plastic and a decoration or if the cup is useable!!??!!

I think this looks great! if you can drink out of it!! I didn’t get a clear plastic mug because I didn’t like the look. (Plus, I don’t drink that much cold butterbeer) I could see myself having this clipped to my belt inside my robe though!!

5 Likes

I like it!

I agree though, I wouldn’t buy it if it was just a decoration.

1 Like

I think that mug came out in December. But maybe they sold out and now more finally came in???

2 Likes

In Diagon alley right now. Card readers are down park-wide right now. No credit card, no annual pass discounts.

I had cash for ice cream at Florean Fortescue’s. They were getting manual credit card machines out. What a mess.

5 Likes

Thanks for reporting. While it is probably rare, this is good intel
since we pretty much never carry cash with us on trips!

2 Likes

I brought cash for tips but it’ll go fast!

It’s working if you charge to your hotel room, for some reason.

2 Likes

Sounds it!

I hope it doesn’t take long to get sorted out :crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like

This makes sense, because that would be an internal communication. Probably what is broken is external communication to the system that actually processes Visa/Mastercard, etc. When you charge to your room, they don’t actually charge the credit card right then.

3 Likes