Universal Orlando News & Planning Thread

And the website was just updated to show HHN hours 6:30-2:00 every night. I can only assume they’re expecting much, much bigger crowds in September this year, because in the past there’s been hardly anyone left in the park after 11:30 or so on any night we’ve been in September.

2 Likes

$9 for a Twinkie is a bit much for me! My state fair is in town next week. I’ll get my “carnival food” there!

I do like the chicken at the butcher shop, a couple drinks and the savory Korean corn dog

1 Like

I’ll try the mac n cheeses for sure, and probably the churro dog and pizza skull. I want the skeleton cornbread, but not the soup it comes with.

Lol…I want the soup and not the bread!

You two need to absolutely meet up & make this bread and soup thing happen.

2 Likes

Orlando Informer and few other places are announcing that HHN 31 park hours are going to be 6:30pm - 2am every night!

1 Like

It was updated on the HHN website yesterday

1 Like

And i put it in the HHN article last week :wink:

2 Likes

This is my first HHN. I don’t know why I assumed it ended at midnight. Does everything really keep going until 2am? (I have two nights of solo HHN that I’d love to try to last the whole time, if there’s stuff to do)

The houses keep going for sure. Some of the rides might close earlier, but I’m not sure since we use that time to visit houses with no lines at all. I know the biggest rides close early during OIM, so if it’s a noise thing then I’d think they do the same during HHN.

Definitely stay until the end of you can. It’s 100% worth it.

1 Like
4 Likes

What time should I make sure to be in USF to do Stay & Scream? I’ve heard no later than 4pm. Should we be there earlier, just in case?

I would say you want to be in the stay and scream area (you have to scan your HHN ticket to get in, and you’re officially in HHN at that point) by 4pm. People do start lining up earlier but since the majority of them go to the same couple of houses, as long as you go the other way then it’s fine to be further back.

1 Like

I’ll add that you do not want to cut it close at all, because they start directing traffic out of the park before 5 and won’t let you go certain ways. They say you have to be in the S&S before 5 and they’re not kidding about the “before” part. One year my group split up and 2 of us went to get ice cream in Diagon Alley while the others went to Springfield. At like 4:45 we tried to go across the bridge to Springfield but there were security there and they wouldn’t let us in. They told us we’d have to go up to the area by Finnegan’s at that point… we might have made it all the way back over to Central Park before 5, but it would have been very, very close.

Also, last year in the Central Park area at first it looked like they were just making a line that you had to get into, but then a CM came by and told us all that we didn’t have to get in line if we didn’t want to, and we could go up to Springfield. We did, and were able to get food in the food court while we waited… it was actually kind of nice. They had ropes up on either side of the Springfield midway, so day guests could exit, and I remember them giving us a ticket when we crossed, like a paper raffle type ticket… I think it was for if we wanted to go back on the Central Park side and get in the line that went to the two bigger houses (Haunting of Hill House and Beetlejuice) that were back there.

When we were done eating we stayed in the a/c and just waited until we saw people moving. Then we got up and went to the houses that were by the MIB ride and did them with no wait at all.

3 Likes

This is incredibly helpful! 3 weeks from today! Aren’t you there even sooner?

1 Like

You’re going the 16th? I’ll be there that night, and the nights before and after. My trip starts the 9th, but it’s Disney until the 14th. Then we’re at Universal the 14th-17th.

Rix Flix is reporting that Mummy is reopening today (?)

5 Likes

My dates are 9/17 - 9/25… I love the map in the TP article! I’ve been trying to plan my routes, I promised my DD that I wouldn’t go into houses without her.

I’m planning on staying at IOA on arrival to catch Dark Arts show, Definitely going to pop over to HHN to ride Mummy, RRR and maybe see a show.

The next night though I am planning on doing a full HHN, expect houses. (at least I’ll try!) I wouldn’t mind checking out CItyWalk stuff, like Rising Star and the “Dead” Coconut Club (easier to do solo since DD20 isn’t there)

Can I ask here if anyone has done the Scream EArly ticket? I hope I didn’t make a mistake grabbing them. We also have Premiere APs so don’t need an HHN ticket but can only use our AP on certain dates. I just want to make sure that we actually get into HHN so I thought the SE ticket would help, but now I’m second guessing myself.

It isn’t showing up in the app yet as being available. (That is, no posted wait times.)

1 Like