Universal Orlando News & Planning Thread

The candy scare zone, “Sweet Revenge”, in the New York area, so pretty close by!

Here’s a good description of the houses, scarezones, and shows.

1 Like

Haunted Houses interest me less than watching clouds dissipate into the atmosphere on a summer afternoon. I do not enjoy being terrified.

6 Likes

They don’t really terrify me… I got “gotten” by jump scares, but in general I’m not scared. I just like all of the details and stories, which Universal does particularly well in theirs.

4 Likes

I hate being scared. HHN is talent on display.

2 Likes

FB_IMG_1660724166034

This exists, so I’m not the only one who thought they went a kinda ham on the whole Scream Squad thing in the HHN descriptions! :rofl:

3 Likes

Well, they announced them for Hollywood (for the first time ever)… Death Eaters to Appear in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter During Halloween Horror Nights 2022 at Universal Studios Hollywood - WDW News Today I’m hoping we still get them. It’s interesting because they’ve said in the past that the WWoHP rules allow the Orlando US rides to be open during HHN, but no Halloween is allowed in on the US side during the event, which is why they had the Death Eaters in IoA instead.

I really hope they stay in Hogsmead, fwiw. Diagon Alley is always a nicely deserted and quiet respite during HHN, and there’s never a line for the ice cream shop.

3 Likes

I love this meme!

1 Like

BTW, Universal changed their mind and RRR is currently open. Probably because they don’t want 2 attractions (Mummy) down at the same time. Clearly some unplanned continued issues with Mummy. Look for Universal to set another date to do some work on RRR in the future.

4 Likes

HHN menus are being posted on food booths. Lots of interesting choices… Once someone collects them into a single article I’ll link it

1 Like

Thank you so much @rgandillon !

5 Likes

Here we go!

4 Likes

“Savory flaming hot cheetos and white cheddar flavored marshmallow treat.” That was a record scratch right there.

Also… there’s no pizza fries.

1 Like

Yeah… I’m not sure how many I want to try. Still browsing & DD20 will be a big factor in what we get

I’m kinda worried that the lack of pizza fries, on top of them using Louie’s for scareactor dining earlier means Louie’s won’t be open during the event. That would mean we’re for sure leaving and having dinner 2 out of our 3 nights… my niece won’t eat any of the booth stuff except desserts, and I won’t eat most of it. One can only eat Frying Dutchman so many times.

I’m planning our days with a TS large lunch each day. Then eating whatever we feel like at HHN.

I’m sure I’ll watch all the food reviews from the first weekend! I want to know where my couple “must-try” items are in advance!

1 Like

These are not the complete menus nor the final ones.

1 Like

Yeah…I’ve already seen more booths not pictured above. So excited!

I’ve heard some menus are already down, so consider this a tease. Things might shuffle or be replaced.

1 Like

So this was just posted… I loved the fried pb&j last year, but it was hard to pay $7 for an Uncrustable. I don’t know if I can pay $15 for the same thing!

2 Likes