Universal Orlando News & Planning Thread

He removed that title for the video— appears he got bad info & posted bad info.

1 Like

You don’t need Scream Early… that’s just to get you into the park before HHN begins. Your AP will do that.

1 Like

Thank you, I thought understood that part but I’m worried about not getting into the park for HHN on my AP. I was worried about filling and being ‘sold out’. I’m not sure I’m saying this correctly. My understanding or maybe a misunderstanding is that SE would ensure entry to HHN.

It doesn’t ensure entry into HHN. I think the best way to do that is to make sure you get into the Stay and Scream area as early as possible. Once you’re in there you’re officially in HHN.

2 Likes

Dated HHN tickets are guaranteed entry to the event. So if you bought a one-day ticket for the first sold-out day, Sept 4, you will be let in. Same thing for Premier Pass tickets, those are dated. Sold-out days also account for Rush of Fear and Frequent Fear passes - if the event is sold out you can still get in until they determine the park is “full”. I have very very very infrequently seen this (maybe once).

Get to the park around 4, make your way to Stay & Scream, then enjoy the event.

2 Likes

Thanks @Nikkipoooo and @josephmatt . We don’t have ‘dated’ tickets b/c our AP just allows us to enter HHN on specific dates. SE is 3-5 so, we’ll be there as early as possible. AND we are staying on property for the first time too (Sapphire Falls)

2 Likes

Nice! I hope you enjoy it there!

2 Likes

Thanks, we’re very excited about a different/new adventure. Even have youngest-DS (college freshman) excited enough to tag along w/ us. He is no longer interested in WDW :smirk:

2 Likes

Does HHN add RIP nights later because I would swear that sept 7 Wednesday didn’t have an RIP tour so instead I went with Sunday the 4th and now the 4th is sold out and I see a tour on the 7th! I usually go on a Wednesday because crowds make me anxious. We have the tour so we should be good anyway but I would have much rather saved $80 for cheaper tickets and gone on a less crowded night.

It seems unlikely I would miss that so they must have added it later right? Or did I mess up?

Also the price for my Sunday 4th ticket jumped to 105 from 74 within a few days. I guess they up the price when it looks like it will sell out?

Yes… Universal does “on-demand” pricing. Recently, I bought the Express Pass for Volcano Bay. I saw a $70 price when I first looked and two days later it was $100. (This was a month in advance) The day we were there it was selling for $200+

Do you have dated tickets or Frequent Fear Passes? I originally bought two nights of dated tickets. When FFP came out, I actually saved $18 / ticket to make them Rush of Fear Passes for all the September nights. Now, I can go every night of my trip instead of two specific dates.

You can call Universal and they can either convert tickets or refund. Hope that helps!

1 Like

We have a dated ticket and tour for September 4th. I guess I shouldn’t be too worried. The Disney parties always sell out.

They take into account everyone that bought Frequent Fear Passes. A lot of those people don’t actually go, but the event is “Sold Out” because they “potentially” could be there. It’s a holiday weekend and the opening of the event. It will be busy, but I doubt they’ll be turning people away

They may have added RIP capacity on some nights when they decided to be open until 2am every night.

Thanks. They must have because I swear they didn’t have one available for Wednesday when I bought mine. I already planned a Disney day for Wednesday so I don’t think I want to switch anything around at this point. Sunday is my arrival day. We land EARLY so I’m hoping to nap in the room and then go to HHN and stay late. If the room isn’t ready I will sleep at the pool lol

1 Like

Did the hours get changed to 2am for every night? I can’t find the hours anywhere and I paid for TP universal:(. I was hoping for a VB crowd calendar but it doesn’t have it that or the HHN hours.

Yes… they just announced on Wednesday that it would be 6:30-2:00 for every night of the event.

There’s no VB crowd calendar. However, I find it useful to look at the price of Express Passes (UXP) at that park for some idea. September looks pretty good!

4 Likes

MUMMY NEWS!!

The app still says closed, but I’m seeing many photos online of the queue and such!!! Looks like it should be open for Labor Day Weekend / HHN 31 Opening!!

9 Likes

Yay!!!

1 Like