Universal Orlando News & Planning Thread

15 month, but yeah. This trip will be all UOR except for one MNSSHP. My sisters may be going to Disney again in early December, so if they do, Jen and I will do a split WDW/UOR trip then. Then another UOR trip sometime after Epic opens.

4 Likes

Awesome!! I checked rates for early-mid September. There are a lot of $80 - $85 Endless Summer room for anyone interested!

Iā€™m doing Aventura 9/6 - 9/14 for $127 / night. IME - Iā€™ve been seeing the best rates about 120 - 150 days out. When I first booked the room I got it for $140. I just kept checking. However, around less than the 100 day mark the rates tend to go up and stay that way

3 Likes

Thatā€™s good to know! I noticed from looking at the nightly breakdown for my reservation that Fri/Sat were only about a 25% discount compared to 40% for the rest of the nights and was wondering if those might change at all. Iā€™ll keep checking!

IME - If you can check in on a Tuesday/Wednesday and check-out on a Saturday you get the best ratesā€¦

I try to plan as many trips as I can & keep the budget around $1000 total. I can, typically, plan out a 4 night stay at that budget. Itā€™s tight though! I can make it work at $1200.

Then if Iā€™m able Iā€™ll sneak away. Coincidentally, I had one of those trips planned for today - Sat.

I like to track TP accuracy as well!

3 Likes

I still think Iā€™m going to have to suck it up and do Labor Day weekend, with all the HHN crowds that involves. I just donā€™t see any other time when I can take a 4 -day weekend, with all my other plans in Q3 & 4. I supposed I could do a quicker trip, with just one night with RIP again like I did last year.

2 Likes

I just checked and Endless Summers Resorts start at $161 that weekendā€¦ It goes up from there

1 Like

Yupā€¦ I think Cabana Bay is a little less the next weekend, and RIP is a few buck cheaper. Iā€™ll have to see how flights are.

1 Like

It is! Thatā€™s when Iā€™m there. I saw CBBR for $130

A new DreamWorks Destination trailer from Universal just dropped. Looks so cute! I guess Iā€™ll be waiting for grandkids so I can take them there!! (plus use them to get on Pteranodon Fliers!)

2 Likes

I will definitely be waiting in line to meet Shrek and Fiona. And I am NOT a character person.

3 Likes

Donkey is hilarious!! They really let him cut loose!

1 Like

I have not kept up with the news (crazy few weeks for me personally), and Iā€™m buttoning up my UOR plans for Memorial Day weekend. I know weā€™re missing a lot of the ā€œnewā€ attractions by a few weeks (e.g., Dreamworks, nighttime show, etc.), but Iā€™m wondering if thereā€™s been any word on Pteranodon Flyers.

1 Like

Nothing at this time! Itā€™s been down for weeks! It one of those unexpected repairs closures.

2 Likes

I believe thatā€™s an extended closure, like many months.

2 Likes

I remember talk on the boards in the last few months (?) asking if the secret songs still worked on Rip Rocket. Anyone have intel on that?
Ultimately one way to find out in about a week!

3 Likes

@bebe80 i havenā€™t been able to find your awesome link to the Universal ride list that shows lockers/no metal/etc. Can you repost that for me?

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been told by vloggers I follow that the secret songs are still there. I rode in December and didnā€™t get it to work even though I have done it often. :man_shrugging:

Lockers required at:

USF

RRR
Mummy
Gringotts
MIB

IOA

Hulk
VelociCoaster
Forbidden Journey
Hagridā€™s

I did this from memory while Iā€™m sipping cocktails on a Saturday night. If I forgot a ride I know one of you will roast me about it!! :rofl::rofl: (as you should!!)

2 Likes

Itā€™s one of the sections in this post.

3 Likes

Are they any rides a lanyard with pass/xp wonā€™t work tucked into a shirt?

1 Like

Lanyards always ok on every ride Iā€™ve been on recently, including Velocicoaster. I canā€™t remember for Hulk or RRR. Iā€™m sure @bebe80 knows.

3 Likes