Universal Orlando News & Planning Thread

I’m looking forward to this. I liked RRR ok, but it was too jarring for me to ride again. A new, smoother coaster (regardless of intensity) will be a welcome change.

4 Likes

I had heard, but I’m still sad about it.
Will have to have some extra rides this trip.
There are at least three songs I need to experience and a couple of them might want multiple goes…

:notes::roller_coaster::notes::roller_coaster::notes:

5 Likes

Yeah… I saw a really good YT about RRR

I also enjoyed this one about what rides are most likely to be leaving Universal in the future. Universal seems to have a 20 year “policy” about retiring attractions

3 Likes

I didn’t like his logic there. He showed the ages of attractions that were replaced, and none of them were 20 years old, and some were above and some were below. Then he showed the ages of current attractions, and some are well over 20 years old! So he’s just completely making up this 20-year mark thing. If they want to keep an attraction around, they will. If they want to scrap it, they’ll scrap it. Regardless of age. That’s the real point here – they have to qualms about “killing their darlings.”

4 Likes

The duration of Early Park Admission at Volcano Bay changes from 30 minutes to 60 minutes on May 25th.

7 Likes

Has it been that long since we had Back to the Future??? I loved that ride.

ET is such a classic. Not a great ride, but I hope UO keeps it going.

3 Likes

Totally! I don’t recall him saying it was an policy, but his own theory. (Unless I missed something!)

1 Like

Even as a theory, it’s pretty meaningless, IMO. There is nothing special about 20 years, even according to his own analysis.

4 Likes

I just thought it was entertaining and wanted to share

1 Like

Thank you for sharing! I’m being critical of him, not you! It did have interesting information though.

2 Likes

Tim Tracker just said the secret songs aren’t available anymore.
That’s not true, right??

Who’s been since it changed??

2 Likes

I think I heard that they vastly decreased the list? Not sure though as I have only ridden once … in 2021. :grimacing:

2 Likes

They decreased the regular song list.
That was the change I was referring to.

But I understood that the secret song menu remained unchanged.
Until Tim Tracker had me panicking.

Say it ain’t so… :crossed_fingers:t4::crossed_fingers:t4::crossed_fingers:t4::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

1 Like

I did a secret song during HHN last September after the culling of the song menu. Haven’t been on it since though. Maybe I’ll give it a whirl next week when I’m there now that I know it’s leaving!

3 Likes

Super :+1:t4:

I’ve had mixed results. I couldn’t get it to work in December, (I know how & done it every time before)

However, I posted that online to Universal a couple months ago and a lot of people told me I was wrong & it was working. I’d love to hear from you!!

2 Likes

It’s Summer Tribute Store season! The video store façade isn’t in place yet. However, this time is you can be on the cover of your very own VHS tape!

6 Likes

Intriguing :thinking::vhs:

1 Like

Was able to book AP rate for late Oct/early Nov at Aventura. It’s hit or miss for earlier weeks (or even if we shifted our trip a few days) for whatever reason.

3 Likes

Nice! Is that the start of your 18 month AP? So excited for you, hope Aventura works out well!

3 Likes