Universal Orlando News & Planning Thread

5 Likes

@darkmite2 , or anyone else who knowsā€¦
How do you book the City Walk Escape Room?
Do you have to call?
Iā€™m struggling to find an online booking option.

3 Likes

Have you tried the app?

Buy :arrow_right: Extras :arrow_right: Escape Adventure

Looks like you can only book through June. You probably want July?

4 Likes

Thatā€™s exactly what I wanted to check anyway, so thank you :+1:t4::laughing:

I was only looking at the website. I didnā€™t think of the app. Will try and navigate there now.

Thanks again @bebe80 :yellow_heart:

5 Likes

When we did it last May, I called to book. But I was booking for a group of 8 of us.

1 Like

Just a reminder for May & Juneā€¦

And while Iā€™m at it, here are some more:

NEW Temporary Closures

• Fast & Furious - Supercharged: Aug. 19 - Nov. 3, 2024
  • MEN IN BLACKā„¢ Alien Attackā„¢: Nov. 4, - Dec. 10, 2024
  • Dudley Do-Rightā€™s Ripsaw FallsĀ®: Oct. 1, 2024 - Jan. 2, 2025

Just added:

• Pteranodon Flyers: No reopening date currently set
7 Likes

Alicia Stella has shared a potential timeline (rumored) for upcoming Universal news releases.

April 29

• DreamWorks Land grand opening date
  • New parade official details (Universal Mega Movie Parade)
  • New lagoon show official details (Cinesational: A Symphonic Spectacular)
  • New Nighttime Lights at Hogwarts Castle show details??

May 2

• Super Nintendo World EU Reveal

Late June

• Dark Universe EU Reveal

Late July

• Wizarding World EU Reveal

Unknown Dates

• Helios Grand Hotel details and reservations open
  • Epic Universe Preview Center opening date (Previously planned for June, but now looks like July)
3 Likes

Is this information freely available or was it pulled from her Patreon?

It was on Patreon. I only shared because she didnā€™t specifically say not to share yetā€¦(which she usually does). :slightly_smiling_face:

@darkmite2 I was trying to find your review from Mama Della last year when you had a bad experience and then they made up for it.
If itā€™s easy, can you link it??

Also what is it you like about that restaurant and is there any comparison to be made between it and either Vivo or Bice??

@Shmebulock my brother and I looooooove bice. Both times we have been the food and service has been excellent. It is expensive though.

Our trip in May we are doing mama dellaā€™s instead since we have a trip to Rome this fall. Figured we would save the money from a bice dinner for a meal abroad :wink:

Iā€™ll try to remember to let you know my comparison when I get back!

2 Likes

Cool, thanks :+1:t4:

Iā€™ll look it up!

If I remember I was having a bad evening overall. There wasnā€™t anything wrong with the food. They sat me in a corner at a tiny table that bumped up to the waiter prep station because I was solo. Then my server rushed out the food. I was out the door in like 30 minutesā€¦

Ask for Yosief (yo-self)

He is the nicest man ever!

3 Likes

Was there something on the menu that you were looking forward to that they didnā€™t have?? :thinking:

1 Like

Thatā€™s right!! They have an appetizer that is TRULY my favorite dish in the world. Itā€™s what I want as my last meal & for eternity. Itā€™s a mussel with pesto & pancetta

PAN-STEAMED MUSSELS - Garlic, pancetta, pesto green sauce, chopped parsley, garlic crostini. $18.00

Itā€™s so big too! It could be a meal.

That night they didnā€™t have any mussels. Their delivery was delayed. I had mentioned at the host counter and to my sever how excited I was to be back & that was THE item I was looking forward to eating. They were very nice about it!

I canā€™t recommend Mama Dellaā€™s enough! They reached out to me the next day & gave me a 100% free meal - anything & everything I wanted. (They had said $100, but my cost was $150. They didnā€™t care and gave it all to me. I left a $60 tip in cash)

On my last visit they had a ā€œSpecialā€ for the night that Iā€™m going to request going forward. It was a spicy red sauce with 4 lobster tails, 4 prawns and more mussels for only $40. It was amazing and I expected a big price tag - but this was a bargain!

Iā€™m still looking for that old TR! I have a few to dig through!! :innocent:

I had a bad time getting over to the restaurant. Then my favorite dish was unavailable. Followed by sitting me in a terrible spot that should not be used to seat anyone. Finally, my server was very ā€œprofessionalā€ and had me out the door with my bill paid in around 30 minutes when I wanted a leisure experience

They totally made up for it with multiple apologies and the great meal later.

Feel free to DM me so we donā€™t clog up the thread any more with Mama Della talk! :smiley:

4 Likes

Actual Planning News!!

I was checking hotel rates for my early September trip. The ā€œAP Ratesā€ have finally dropped. I saw Dockside for $80 and I got a Skyline View room at Aventura for $127!

I, previously, had a standard room at Aventura for $130ā€¦

Iā€™m seeing CBBR at $115 - $120 for a lot of September dates!

Iā€™m looking at other dates - just for fun - to see if other weeks of HHN hotel rates are as good.

EDIT - The best rates I could find were the first three weeks of September. After that it goes back up to a rack rate

6 Likes

Thank you.
Thatā€™s great info.

Weā€™re not sure where to go for a pasta based dinner between Bice, MDs or Vivo.

Vivo is more up my street, but DH likes the look of MDs.

Kids donā€™t care :roll_eyes::laughing:

1 Like

Sent via DM reply

1 Like

Posting here for those that didnā€™t hear yet.

Rip Ride Rockit is expected to close permanently sometime next year to make way for a new and improved coaster. Others had mentioned the rumor, and Alicia confirmed in her latest video.

6 Likes

Hadnā€™t heard that. Thanks for posting. Last I heard, it was going to be refurbished. But makes sense to be replaced.

3 Likes