Universal Orlando News & Planning Thread

Update! Circus McGurkus has reopened!!

6 Likes

Mel’s should be reopening soon, too.

4 Likes

I hope they can do the burgers as well as the stand out next door. Those burgers have been much better than what Mel’s offered. I actually liked the Mel’s brisket burgers. However, the burgers at the stand are thicker and grilled better

2 Likes

I hope Uni improves the food quality there like they did at McGurkus. I also hope they then improve the food in MSHI.

3 Likes

Oh! Did you get to sample it yet? It looks better in vlogs for sure!

I’ve been telling them for years that they should be selling “Fear Juice” somewhere in there! (A purple slushie in a collectable cup!!)

1 Like
5 Likes

Rumored to be included in the new parade at USF are:

• Back to the Future
  • JAWS
  • E.T.
  • Jurassic Park
  • and… Ghostbusters
5 Likes

Kevin Heimbach got the scoop on this a couple weeks ago! He put out a video about it then. I find Kevin can be a bit “much” too listen too at times. He’s a bit snarky. However, he had multiple HHN “scoops” no one else had last year.

He was the only person talking about M3GAN months before they got announced and a couple more things… He’s a good HHN source IMHO

I haven’t listened to this TPS episode yet, but I hope she gave him some acknowledgment!

1 Like

Yeah I don’t care for that guy.

But you didn’t share this news here two weeks ago! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I keep saying I’m going to start an HHN33 thread, but I’m too lazy…

Doing it now… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I figured everyone here would appreciate this…

My DW says she’s tired of hearing me talk about missing all the crepes at UOR! Especially the ones she’s never tried!

I don’t know which to make first! A crepe that was either Seasonal / Discontinued or something “easy” like the Strawberry Nutella crepe? :thinking::thinking:

5 Likes

If you’ve never made crepes before, go for something easy that you really like. You’ll enjoy it no matter how it comes out.

3 Likes

Good advice! I tried crepes a few times…
That was a long time ago :joy:

1 Like

I love this Hollywood Drift POV concept! This coaster is going to be awesome.

4 Likes

I know!! I’m still trying to figure out if I’m doing DLR or WDW in 2025… My DLR plan was to do a side trip to Knotts. However, if this is open I’ll be very tempted to have my flight arrive in Anaheim and depart at LAX!! I really want to do Jurassic World as well! Plus, it might be fun to do an “old fashioned” backlot studio tour!

I’m still trying to get DW to decide where & “if” she even wants to go back to Disney…

1 Like

Are you going to wear gloves when make them or just when you eat them? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Both! Not joking!! :star_struck: :star_struck: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I wear gloves when I’m cooking every day. I hate having to stop to wash my hands after handing raw meats or smelly things like garlic in between “chopping sessions”

I may have to handle chicken while I’m trying to coat it with a seasoning. I got one gloved hand handing the food while the other opens/holds/shakes the jar! I don’t want slimy “juices” on my spices or other things! When done I can rip off that glove and move to the next step!

Oh! Thanks for reminding me! I need to order more gloves! I opened the last box yesterday!

These were so much easier / cheaper to get before the pandemic and everyone started hoarding them!! :crazy_face: :rofl: :innocent:

1 Like

:joy:

The queue expansion walls at Hagrid’s came down yesterday. I hope this revlieves the queue extending out past LC in the mornings!!

Maybe an extended standby queue could also allow for UXP to finally come to Hagrid’s?? :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

No

Never

Thank you

2 Likes