Universal Orlando News & Planning Thread

VelociCoaster was down yesterday evening and is closed this morning. Birdie says the ride is down waiting for a part or service from Intamin.

3 Likes

Itā€™s a texture issue. Being ā€œdenseā€ is exactly what causes the issue. Itā€™s a thick blob of goo / cream cheese. I need something crunchy or ā€œtactileā€ in it. It wonā€™t make it past the roof of my mouth before bad things happen otherwiseā€¦ :sob: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s not great newsā€¦ When I worked for Six Flags we had a number of Intimin rides (not coasters, but drop & swinging rides)

It took a day or two to get that stuff back up when it went down.

That could be because it SF and not managed great and/or itā€™s just a slow process to get the parts / techsā€¦

I checked the UOR app. Hulk is at 120 minutesā€¦ I guess when one big thrill coaster goes down this is the result! :scream:

3 Likes

Again, if made correctly, this shouldnā€™t be the case. No properly made cheesecake should be described as ā€œblob of gooā€.

The crust can accomplish thisā€¦but it also depends on the type of cheesecake. I make a few different cheesecakes that have added texture, such as a nice firm chocolate ganache, or cookie crumbles, etc.

But if it is gooey at all, it is not cooked correctly!

4 Likes

I guess Iā€™m not describing it properlyā€¦ sorry!

If I can ā€œbiteā€ through something and my teeth can touch without resistance I have a hard time swallowingā€¦ Is that helpful??

4 Likes

I understand your description. But Iā€™m saying, that is a sign of an improperly made cheesecake. A cheesecake shouldnā€™t be like that. (But cheesecakes are tricky to make properly, so often ARE made improperlyā€¦in my efforts to perfect baking a cheesecake, Iā€™ve had several not quite turn out correctly!)

4 Likes

Hagrids was delayed this morning too. I donā€™t think it started running until 8:45-9:00.

2 Likes

I saw it was up to about 100 minutes atm. Probably somewhat accurate without VC to pull guests away in that area of IOA

3 Likes

Sorry for the delay, TP CMS was acting up.

4 Likes

In an interview I saw with Page Thompson, president of new ventures at Universal Destinations & Experiences, that said the Monster Makeover Experience is a limited time attraction. It will only be available through April 7thā€¦

2 Likes

GOOD lol

3 Likes

I saw the Columbian burger was a ā€œmust-doā€! have you ever tried Juniorā€™s Columbia Burger on Kirkman Rd.? A security TM told me about it last trip. It was definitely worth the off-campus field trip!

This probably doesnā€™t affect anyone here, but it is ā€œnewsā€ā€¦

Elle Kingā€™s concert at USF on 2/17/24 has been cancelled. She is being replaced by Nessa Barrett

Iā€™m not surprisedā€¦ After Elle King got plastered before performing (again) she made a fool out of herself (again) at Dolly Partonā€™s birthday party. Itā€™s totally understandable that UOR may not want her to come performā€¦

2 Likes

This happened a few weeks ago.

1 Like

I never said it was ā€œbreakingā€ news! :rofl: :rofl: :innocent: :innocent:

Plus, I hadnā€™t seen it posted here. :smiley:

Iā€™m blocked out of the concert series anyways! If I was local Iā€™d upgrade my pass for sure & go to a few of these shows. Iā€™ve seen BNL once and it was great!

1 Like

Circus McGurkus is getting closer to opening. Theyā€™ve got a mobile order window, similar to Minionā€™s CafĆ©, now. Itā€™s on the right side of the eatery close to the restrooms.

Iā€™m really excited for this place! The ā€œRoast Beastā€ sandwich was the smash hit of Grinchmas 2022. I got to try one at the end of a trip & wished Iā€™d had gotten it sooner!

4 Likes

Forgot to mention Veloci reopened this morning after testing.

6 Likes

Roarsome!! :partying_face:

2 Likes

Yep! Itā€™s at a 15 minute wait atm!!

All better after a quick repair!!

4 days isnā€™t too bad. It sucks for the people there and Iā€™d hate it for my trip, but every ride breaks at some point. Iā€™d rather have it run for years with minimal issues then have a four day downtime than a ride that has issues most days like Hagridā€™s!

4 Likes

I saw this yesterday, but never had a moment to post. The menu boards at Circus McGurkus are up. Good selection and you can still get fried chicken, the previous main entree served.

4 Likes