Universal Orlando News & Planning Thread

This is typically the path used to exit the Hogwarts Castle Projection Show. I wonder if it being blocked off now is a factor in why it’s not running atm??

I really hope so! The amount of “jinxed” locations has started to get more than a little annoying! Plus, I’m hoping the 3.0 wands work a little better. I consider myself pretty handy with my wand. Sometimes though, even I have times where I can’t get locations to work where I know how to do the spell…

I do love my wand, and it’s no longer sold, but if the 3.0 wands are actually better technology than just a reflector tip I’ll upgrade.

(Do not tell my wand! She’s very jealous & can be temperamental! :rofl:)

6 Likes

Just tell her the new wand is her apprentice.

4 Likes

Do we have a price point for the new wands yet?
Do we think they’ll be similarly priced to the existing wands?
What’s the current interactive wand price?

2 Likes

Really looking forward to seeing how big of an upgrade these new wands are. Jen will definitely be getting one regardless, but if they make the experience far and away better we might each get one. I was surprised how much we enjoyed playing around with those (especially in the mornings before it got crowded).

5 Likes

Rumors are they’ll have replaceable batteries which will allow them to feature haptics, a light at the tip, and connectivity to the app, which will track the locations completed. Another rumor is possible wand dueling capabilities.

6 Likes

Oh great. Like the spell locations don’t present enough opportunities for me to be embarrassed by 8 year olds.

7 Likes

The new wands will duel. My speculation is they’ll sell new dueling wands and the old wands together due to the dueling costing more and the tech requirements.

5 Likes

I will buy 2 then for sure! I didn’t use the wand I have much at all (except for fake dueling with DS, lol)

3 Likes

This is sweet intel.

CL3 predicted today at IOA. (Yesterday was a CL3)

3 Likes

You getting excited??!!?? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :rofl:

1 Like

Here is Alicia’s article she put out today!

4 Likes

High of 63 for Monday. Definitely not VB!

3 Likes

UPNT put out the Mardi Gras food booth menus - with prices!

I appreciate knowing the costs in advance! Some pretty good food on the menus this year! I used to hate the seasonal foods, but now that these are permanent structures with running water & power the food quality is much better!!

3 Likes

Thanks for posting this. I was never expecting Mardi Gras to go past Lent, but now that I know it runs when I am there that completely changes my dood plans.

3 Likes

Who planned this thing?! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

DH is psyched. He loves all things New Orleans, especially food. But he was so perplexed that we would be celebrating Mardis Gras on Good Friday of all days. Also disappointed they don’t have shrimp po boys this year.

4 Likes

I’m really concerned US doesn’t know what Mardi Gras is :joy:

2 Likes

Oh they know! Its :moneybag::moneybag::moneybag::moneybag:

At least the co cert series ends with Lent!

5 Likes

I’ll be impressed if there’s a Good Friday crawfish boil!
That’s a New Orleans tradition. :shrimp: :corn: :potato: :onion: :garlic: :mushroom: :hot_pepper:

1 Like

Ooooh - I’ll keep my fingers crossed for that!

1 Like