Universal Orlando News & Planning Thread

Epic won’t be included in any AP’s (initially).

6 Likes

You can buy a new pass with an active AP. I did this last July when I bought a new power pass to use sometime in the far future. When I asked about upgrading it to a pass that included Epic Universe, they could not say what will happen.

5 Likes

Yeah, I heard the Park Stop Podcast talk about it. (Btw - one of my new years resolutions is to finally become a pateron for them!! They work so hard & I should’ve done it a long time ago!)

Epic will have to have APs at “some” point. My guess is they don’t have their opening date finalized and don’t want to sell anything in advance. I’m sure they have a “target” date they want to be open by, but they may be ahead / behind / on-time.

I agree that UOR will want to control crowding with single day / date based tickets. I’m betting within 90 - 100 days after opening (sooner??) they’ll be selling 3 / 4 park APs!

5 Likes

When that happens, I will definitely be considering a US AP. DH prefers US and I love Harry Potter and Mario (and dragons if I’m being honest).

3 Likes

I know what alicia claimed but i’ve heard different things.

4 Likes

March hours have been posted.

3 Likes

Where are you finding the whol.month of March. Everywhere I look only has halfway through March. I am trying to find the extended hours.

2 Likes

On the website.

You probably won’t find the EPA schedule for March until late Feb to March 1st timeframe.

Just use last year’s EPA schedule as a reference until then.

IOA always has EPA. For USF, they may not have as many March EPA days as last year since the attendance has been slightly less.

1 Like

The last week of March is the week before Easter, so I am assuming it will be super busy. They have definitely priced things as if they are expecting crowds!

Last year they had early USF for those days, so I will continue to hope that is the case this year!

2 Likes

I hope so too!

I only mentioned it because they cut the number of USF EPA days the last holiday season.

1 Like

I can make it work either way, so we will be good.

I had no idea the Mardi Gras celebration extends past Mardi Gras. So now I am going down a rabbit hole - and DH will be very happy.

2 Likes

We are heading to Universal on Thursday and I was just coming back to take a quick look at any suggestions/updates. I saw earlier a shared document with tips/suggestions, but can’t find it now. I thought it was linked in the first post? Am I in the wrong forum? Thanks!

2 Likes

Perfect! Thanks!!!

1 Like

I know nothing about this or the details… In the Five & Dime / Bourne gift shop there is now a “Monster Makeover” area…

A Universal fan account that I don’t follow came up in my feed with this…

Anyone know anything??

Is this Universal’s take on Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique? Maybe a "BOOtique?? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

If so, will the Dracula package suck? Would you get all wrapped up trying to be a Mummy? I find it shocking that you could be The Bride!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :rofl: :innocent:

EDIT - This news is now spreading like wildfire on social media. Multiple bloggers at the parks today are verifying it, but no one knows anything

6 Likes

Can we get a dad joke badge here please? :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

I tried soooo hard to think of a Creature from the Black Lagoon pun…

I hope this new offering is a howling success!! (I can’t believe I forgot The Wolfman earlier!)

3 Likes

Interesting

1 Like

One of my fav movies as a kid. After I read your post, I tried to come up with a pun for that one too but gave up.

3 Likes

Work walls are up just past the FJ lockers and in Knockturn Alley. These are rumored to be future locations for the new interactive wand experiences.

The new locations and all current location upgrades are rumored to be ready for summer, along with the Harry Potter Wands 3.0.

6 Likes