Universal Orlando News & Planning Thread

:scream: I couldnā€™t tell you all the rules for the game but I know what it is. It was after my time but my little brother was obsessed, lol.

3 Likes

When DD was little and started ā€œcollectingā€ the cards I made a rule. We could only buy more cards if we learn how to play the game. We learned and about 2 weeks later she was done! She only plays the video game versions now

3 Likes

I quite liked the game, but Iā€™m pretty sure we only ever played it twice.
Kinda like Top Trumps but with a bit more to it.
Mostly the kids just swapped cards at school :woman_shrugging:t4::laughing:

1 Like

They have limited amount of cashiers to the side for people with technical problems or canā€™t use the app.

2 Likes

I figured they had to have something for this! Thanks!!

The crowd calendar shows projects both parks to close at 5:00 pm on Wednesday November 6. Seems odd to me. Is there something going on at UOR that night? Thoughts?

1 Like

Just ignore that. Probably a computer glitch/error. Will most likely be 7pm closing.

I posted info on the new Universal Visa card in a new thread. However, I noticed that in the fine print the card will get you into a ā€œVisa Loungeā€. I wonder if that will be a separate location from the AP lounges??

3 Likes

Yeah it should be, just like the old AmEx lounge was.

2 Likes
3 Likes

The Mardi Gras Concert calendar has been released! For Seasonal APs remember you will be Blocked Out of USF on these dates:

• February 3: Walker Hayes
  • February 10: The All-American Rejects
  • February 17: Elle King
  • February 18: KC and the Sunshine Band
  • February 24: Barenaked Ladies
  • March 2: DJ Khaled
  • March 9: Ava Max
  • March 10: Queen Latifah
  • March 16: Luis Fonsi
  • March 17: Zedd
3 Likes

More Mardi Gras Detailsā€¦

The ā€œCursedā€ Coconut Club is coming back as well. I hope they go back to theming the space completely. Christmas felt a bit bare this year.

Food & Beverage Cards are BACK! You get a ā€œrebateā€ in food gift card dollars!

Pay $65 get $15 ā€œbounsā€ = $80 Total

Pay $120 get $30 ā€œbonusā€ = $150 Total

This was the program they had in 2022 & I loved it! I bought $480 in food cards to get a $600 value! I had my food budget for multiple trips covered in advance & saved BIG! Plus, you can use your AP discounts for bigger savings!

Seasonal APs can now use the new UOR Visa card to get a 10% discount on all on-site purchases!! (while getting either 2% / 4% rewards!) Making a Seasonal AP an even better purchase!

Thinking of APs! Hereā€™s a look at the Free UOAP Mardi Gras Magnet

EDIT - It probably doesnā€™t matter much, but according to the Mardi Gras event guide the parade will be going counterclockwise instead of itā€™s usual clockwise route. If you are wanting to get your beads quickly & ride something before park close youā€™ll want to be closer to Transformers!

3 Likes

According to Universal the lower priced card is still available.

2 Likes

Thanks!! I edited to correct! Gotta read that super fine print!! :crazy_face: :rofl:

I donā€™t really get how this worksā€¦and the website really doesnā€™t give details.

We will be there two days in March. Can we buy one of these to cover our food? We are eating at Finniganā€™s on Friday, and probably just quick service lunch on Saturday. But the website makes it sound like the places you can use it is limited:

3 Likes

I think they donā€™t want to say that theyā€™re good anywhere, so that thereā€™s not too much hoarding of them.

But yeah, if I recall theyā€™re good everywhere in parks and CityWalk. Not sure about hotel restaurants.

I have one from last year that Iā€™ll use soon.

2 Likes

Youā€™ve probably seen this & itā€™s not super helpful, but hereā€™s the ā€œfine printā€

When I did this in 2022 I was able to use the cards everywhere in the parks. It was CityWalk where some places got ā€œfussyā€. Some took it outright - like Toothsomeā€™s, other took it only for ā€œpartialā€ payment - Margaritaville, but everyone took it. I believe when they would only do it as a partial payment it was to make sure I left a gratuity. Those canā€™t be paid with the card.

I went back & reread my TR from my trip when I bought these. I used them at many in-park locations including Finneganā€™s. (I bought a Potato Web and Diet Coke)

4 Likes

Thanks!

2 Likes

Universal is doing a 15 month annual pass deal again.

5 Likes

I wonder if I could buy this now to upgrade in the future to a AP that includes Epic so Iā€™d have 15 months to use then?? :thinking: :thinking:

Would I even be able to buy it for myself now considering I currently have an active AP?

(Iā€™m mostly making conversation / hypotheticals, but genuinely curious!)

4 Likes