Universal Orlando News & Planning Thread

Your list is more comprehensive than the Freestyle locator in the App. You can only use the app to see which dining locations have Freestyle machines.

Ex: MIB / World Expo Coke isn’t listed in the app

Plus, it’s so hard to find even how to filter for where to find the Freestyle locator! It’s one of those things I “discovered” after pushing every button in the app one day!! :rofl:

First, you have to press the “View Park Maps” on the Map screen for this option for a Coke Freestyle locator to even appear! Using the filters while in the “Universal Orlando Resort” screen will not grant access to the filter… :man_shrugging:

From there select “View Park Maps” and then which park you want to find a Freestyle machine in.

From there you can do your filter. Scroll down to Filter Dining

Without specifically selecting a park map you don’t get any options for Freestyle machines.

3 Likes

There’s a list on universals site but it includes locations like “cotton candy” which only an IOA pro for us would realize is in MSHI across from cafe 4

3 Likes

That’s insane :smile:

3 Likes

It was much easier to find before the app update. That’s how I knew it had to be “somewhere” after the update.

I was helping a new UOR guest one morning before RD and almost lost my mind when the option wasn’t displaying. I figured it out by trial and error

1 Like

It appears you left off a few steps.

…put your right foot in
…put your right foot out
…put your right foot in
…then shake it all about

I think those steps and more are important to finding the Freestyle machines.

:roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Back to the Future? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I haven’t seen it posted here, but the High in the Sky Trolley is running both trains. You can travel through Circus McGurkus. I saw Universal Parks News Today showing their ride-thru a few days ago. It looks nice in there. It isn’t finished, but you get a good idea of what it’ll look like

5 Likes

do you have a link or screen grabs?

I really like how Uni is transitioning restaurants to mobile order/table delivery. Mel’s should have been like that long ago!

5 Likes
5 Likes

Ian Malcolm GIFs | Tenor

3 Likes

I told my kids (14 & 16) yesterday of the Pokémon land and asked if they like it. I got a “meh”.

I have no idea what a Pokémon is :smile:

5 Likes

My son loves Pokemon! I think he’d be excited. But I guess it depends on what type of attraction they put there.

6 Likes

I really love it. It’s much easier to have a host seat you (instead of trying to find a table), place your order on the app and then have it brought right to you in minutes. You can fill your drinks at the Freestyle machine while waiting. It’s great! I hope they convert all QS indoor dining to this.

4 Likes

Ugh…I hope they don’t do this - the all restaurants going to mobile order only thing. I like not having to have my phone on me at UO & this would mean I’d have to drag it with me every day :weary:

4 Likes

Wow! As much as I like traveling light, I still have my phone on theme park days. I try to keep my face out of it unless I need it or in a long queue. It’s how I check queue waits, show times & my TP!

3 Likes

That’s cool. We have a lot of Amish people around here too.

9 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Nintendo and Pokémon will both have my 32 year old son throwing money at Universal for years. They are making all his dreams come true.

7 Likes

Just don’t tell Mary I have a secret smart phone at work.

7 Likes