Universal Orlando News & Planning Thread

The start of the “slow” season has begun… At USF, the section of the park from the end of Hollywood and starting at the lagoon you will not be able to enter that area until one hour after park opening.

This affects the following rides:

Here is the area on the map…

This isn’t unusual and should not be in effect during the weekends or once Mardi Gras starts in February.

4 Likes

Nice they have a sign. Better communication.

3 Likes

IMHO - I doubt they’ll publish it on the website or anything to help the unprepared…

I know 90% of people are racing to Diagon Alley, but if you are walking in thinking, “I’ll beat the crowds by doing Springfield and MIB” you are going to be in for a surprise!

3 Likes

Plus 90% of the people aren’t planners, so that’s who the sign helps (if they see it)

I was pleasantly surprised to see thise 10am open times worked into the touring plans a couple days ago.

3 Likes

alicia will have a video out this week

2 Likes

Don’t be pokey, mon.

3 Likes

Universal really just wants to be the best, to beat all the rest, that’s their cause.

2 Likes

Oh it took me 6 hours to get this joke. :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Yay, somebody got it! :raised_hands:

1 Like

I got it in .6 seconds. But…I am not keen on the idea. I don’t personally know anyone who is a Pokemon fan, but clearly they are out there if they want to convert the land over to that.

2 Likes

Nope, or you would’ve liked my post.

hahhahahha
3 Likes

Do they ever do the wand selection show thing? Or is that just Ollivanders?

The wand selection experience is only at Ollivanders. It’s in Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade, too. But the one in DA has 2 rooms, so the entry line goes faster.

2 Likes

Grogorovitch’s is just a smallish shop sort of outside with wands. But it is less busy, so often a more enjoyable way to shop for wands. But no show. There is no show building.

3 Likes

Thanks! We may end up rope dropping an Ollivanders - especially with the crowds we are going to see!

Yeah…I was mostly being thematic! (Although I did get mine there! :rofl:)

1 Like

I totally get that! But also wanted to know if it was a hack :wink:

1 Like

I mean it can be a “hack”. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :rofl:

There’s rarely anyone buying wands there. You can walk right up and have what you want in less than two minutes. They have a good selection! Ollivander’s is always packed because the show empties out into that shop.

I like to feel that I’m “cooler” because I get my wands, according to lore, at the more boutique and older wand shop.

6 Likes

Thanks for the updated list of locations Joe.
Love the maps!

4 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like