Universal Orlando News & Planning Thread

On the website.

You probably won’t find the EPA schedule for March until late Feb to March 1st timeframe.

Just use last year’s EPA schedule as a reference until then.

IOA always has EPA. For USF, they may not have as many March EPA days as last year since the attendance has been slightly less.

1 Like

The last week of March is the week before Easter, so I am assuming it will be super busy. They have definitely priced things as if they are expecting crowds!

Last year they had early USF for those days, so I will continue to hope that is the case this year!

2 Likes

I hope so too!

I only mentioned it because they cut the number of USF EPA days the last holiday season.

1 Like

I can make it work either way, so we will be good.

I had no idea the Mardi Gras celebration extends past Mardi Gras. So now I am going down a rabbit hole - and DH will be very happy.

2 Likes

We are heading to Universal on Thursday and I was just coming back to take a quick look at any suggestions/updates. I saw earlier a shared document with tips/suggestions, but can’t find it now. I thought it was linked in the first post? Am I in the wrong forum? Thanks!

2 Likes

Perfect! Thanks!!!

1 Like

I know nothing about this or the details… In the Five & Dime / Bourne gift shop there is now a “Monster Makeover” area…

A Universal fan account that I don’t follow came up in my feed with this…

Anyone know anything??

Is this Universal’s take on Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique? Maybe a "BOOtique?? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

If so, will the Dracula package suck? Would you get all wrapped up trying to be a Mummy? I find it shocking that you could be The Bride!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :rofl: :innocent:

EDIT - This news is now spreading like wildfire on social media. Multiple bloggers at the parks today are verifying it, but no one knows anything

6 Likes

Can we get a dad joke badge here please? :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

I tried soooo hard to think of a Creature from the Black Lagoon pun…

I hope this new offering is a howling success!! (I can’t believe I forgot The Wolfman earlier!)

3 Likes

Interesting

1 Like

One of my fav movies as a kid. After I read your post, I tried to come up with a pun for that one too but gave up.

3 Likes

Work walls are up just past the FJ lockers and in Knockturn Alley. These are rumored to be future locations for the new interactive wand experiences.

The new locations and all current location upgrades are rumored to be ready for summer, along with the Harry Potter Wands 3.0.

6 Likes

This is typically the path used to exit the Hogwarts Castle Projection Show. I wonder if it being blocked off now is a factor in why it’s not running atm??

I really hope so! The amount of “jinxed” locations has started to get more than a little annoying! Plus, I’m hoping the 3.0 wands work a little better. I consider myself pretty handy with my wand. Sometimes though, even I have times where I can’t get locations to work where I know how to do the spell…

I do love my wand, and it’s no longer sold, but if the 3.0 wands are actually better technology than just a reflector tip I’ll upgrade.

(Do not tell my wand! She’s very jealous & can be temperamental! :rofl:)

6 Likes

Just tell her the new wand is her apprentice.

4 Likes

Do we have a price point for the new wands yet?
Do we think they’ll be similarly priced to the existing wands?
What’s the current interactive wand price?

2 Likes

Really looking forward to seeing how big of an upgrade these new wands are. Jen will definitely be getting one regardless, but if they make the experience far and away better we might each get one. I was surprised how much we enjoyed playing around with those (especially in the mornings before it got crowded).

5 Likes

Rumors are they’ll have replaceable batteries which will allow them to feature haptics, a light at the tip, and connectivity to the app, which will track the locations completed. Another rumor is possible wand dueling capabilities.

6 Likes

Oh great. Like the spell locations don’t present enough opportunities for me to be embarrassed by 8 year olds.

7 Likes

The new wands will duel. My speculation is they’ll sell new dueling wands and the old wands together due to the dueling costing more and the tech requirements.

5 Likes