Universal Orlando News & Planning Thread

Agree with what @Nikkipoooo said.

But, I know you have already stayed at Aventura. I would say if you’ve never stayed at SF, give it a try.

It does have the popular Strong Water Tavern.

3 Likes

Nice. If interested, I had made up detailed maps of the WWOHP so newbies know where everything is at.

I was with a band group recently and I was pleasantly surprised that some of the moms fit onto VC. Remember to try the test seats too.

2 Likes

Haven’t stayed at Sapphire, but really want to! I’ve been inside & explored it. All the info I’ve gathered says, IMHO, it’s really a premier hotel at a moderate price.

It’s true there’s no food court, but there’s not one at HRH either…

You made me an Aventura fan, but it is fun to stay at all of these places at least once!

If you’re not budget conscious this time, then you should do it for one night as under $200 is about as good as you’ll see there.

BTW - What night am I supposed to be there to meet you?? I presume you’re buying the first round at Strong Water! :crazy_face: :rofl:

5 Likes

Yes please!!!

Fitting onto the Pantheon (with the same restaint system) was what made us super excited for Universal. DH knows now to take his keys and wallet out of his pockets. The attendant was fantastic helping make it happen.

2 Likes

I hate that there’s no QS food option. That’s my reason for not really ever wanting to stay there if I have another reasonable option. I don’t want to invest an hour in every single meal. Strongwater is okay, but A. it gets crazy busy and loud when a convention lets out and B. it doesn’t open until like 3 or 4pm.

2 Likes

You’ll want to use the PDF’s for downloading/printing.

2 Likes

I didn’t even realize it had a convention facility. I went and looked at pics & it’s massive! I bet it is a madhouse in that lobby at times!

2 Likes

WAIT, WAIT, WAIT …

Is there a Starbucks at SF?

That would be my choice.

New Dutch Trading is QS

5 Likes

Yes!!

2 Likes

Nope

I think you used the maps last year.

2 Likes

You expect me to remember last year? :rofl:

Thanks for sharing again!

2 Likes

Well, yes, but it’s tiny (space-wise… we’re talking less than half the size of a typical Starbucks), it’s literally just a few sandwiches and it’s usually 2-3 people. That’s meant to serve an entire massive resort at breakfast and lunch. The only other place that’s open is the buffet downstairs. They also have this odd habit of just closing whenever… like, for a few hours in the middle of the day, or 2 hours early and this trend goes back to at least 2019, so before the current labor situation. I don’t even try getting coffee there usually. I know I’m better off waiting until I get to the park.

1 Like

I just remembered the Druhm Club. Does that qualify for QS? Maybe not.

I mean… it’s never been particularly quick in my experience! I’d say it’s somewhere in the middle, because it still usually involves a server, and it’s not typically something you’re getting and taking elsewhere.

1 Like

Sorry, what’s that now? No Starbucks at SF?

Hmm. That, taken with the no Starbucks and much lower cost … I think we have a winner.

2 Likes

If you want to use the pool at SF just go to the concierge desk there and show them your keycard and ask for a guest amenity pass. To use the water taxi just… use it.

2 Likes

Are there towels and whatnot?