Universal Orlando News & Planning Thread

Yes. I think they have an actual towel person to get them from again, but I can’t remember for sure. There’s a nice bar, and there are servers to bring you drinks and food and they have cabanas to rent if you like.

3 Likes

That’s a fantastic rate for Sapphire Falls.

2 Likes

The new permanent food booth in Minion Land is now open. It’s serving humus, “everything” pretzels, fruit and vegan items. Seems like a nice place to get something other than popcorn or fries…

10 Likes

I thought it was going be a churro stand. I feel cheated.

3 Likes

I am surprised that, for a booth in Minion Land, they don’t sell frozen chocolate covered bananas. I guess they decided to forego any kind of theming of the food to the land.

4 Likes

You’d feel even more cheated if you’ve ever had a Universal churro!! (sorry…not sorry!)

I’ve given up on them! Stale sticks dusted in a bland “sugar-like” coating!!

There are those entire “Minions Cafe” and “Bake My Day” places I keep hearing about! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :crazy_face:

4 Likes

So have them or not, I’ll feel cheated? :frowning: I just sit here and have a cup of chocolate milk.

1 Like

We can split an “Everything” pretzel or something next time!

I am glad these are no longer food trucks or pop-up tents! I’ve sworn off most of UORs seasonal "treats’, but might get something from one of these. Now that they have running water, refrigeration and ovens the food should be better! :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Sure. I just mean…if you are going to go to the effort of converting an area of the park into a themed land, even the food booths you would expect to match. Like…would you expect to find pizza slices in a food booth in the middle of Diagon Alley? Just feels out of place here in much the same way.

3 Likes

I get it… I was being silly!

“Technically… It’s right outside, on the border, of Minions Land”… :crazy_face: :rofl: :rofl:

USF is going to need to redefine what is “Production Central” after Minions opens…

Is RRR now a Minions ride or is it part of ‘New York’?? What is Production Central now?? :man_shrugging:

Today’s Minion Land update…

The Bank of Evil store front lettering is done! Plus, the Minions have colored in the “Bello!” graffiti

7 Likes

They’ve opened up the Super Evil Stuff gift shop!!

10 Likes

I’m cannot wait to see this all NEXT WEEK!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I can’t wait to see your photos of all this NEXT WEEK!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :rofl:

3 Likes

What?!?!? We were at studios today! Totally missed that!

2 Likes

Have a great time!

2 Likes

Some close ups of the merch:

9 Likes

It is weird. The displays make it seem like they intend this to be temporary.

Could they intend to shift it around once the ride opens?

IMHO - It looks like the Universal Legacy Store and the former Betty Boop store. I think this is the Universal “style” for gift shops now…

It is supposed to be the ride exit, so that may be why it’s a little more bare too. They need more room to exit.

I wish they’d clear out more space in the gift shop that Bourne exits into. It’s so hard to leave the theatre with people stopping to look at items and such…

1 Like