Underrated Restaurants

That’s interesting there wasn’t a cost difference.

1 Like

I haven’t been there since Covid. Has it changed?

1 Like

Yes, we did when we stayed at GDT this past August. It was really good, and there was a musician playing the guitar during dinner. All three of us enjoyed it!

3 Likes

LOL - I was never there before Covid, so idk! I think they used to have characters, but they did not when we were there.

1 Like

Really looking forward to trying out Boma breakfast in June!

3 Likes

That sounds fun.

1 Like

We went when there were characters and I thought it was good. But I LOVE breakfast.

1 Like

You should be. Two must haves—goat cheese scrambled eggs and bread pudding French toast.

3 Likes

I agree. I have had good (and never disappointing) meals there. It’s cozy and comfortable. Not a place for “wow” but really there are few of those anyway. Prices are reasonable, too, relatively speaking.

2 Likes

We also liked coral reef. Basic steak but nice atmosphere.

1 Like

The buffet was $23 and included an entree and a beverage. My entree was $19, coffeecis $3+, so the buffef was equal to just the entree and coffee. If you got a less expensive entree, tgen ths buffet would cost a little more.

2 Likes

Still seems like a decent deal (for Disney)

2 Likes

I don’t know how Cape May is now. In the before times we ate there every trip unless we were staying somewhere that made it difficult to get over there. Cape May has been one of the ‘fun things to do on a non park day’.

It’s really a shame there hasn’t been a Disney way to get between resorts that aren’t in the same area.

Part of the draw lately is nostalgia since we first ate there - maybe in 1994? Our youngest granddaughter would only give Admiral Goofy a Mona Lisa smile. As only a shy 3 yo can do.

For some reason Donald has always acted silly with DH, who acts silly right back. Over multiple years . . . DH loves Cape May.

The food must be at least ok because we kept going back. We only ate the supper there once.

3 Likes

Which buffet is this?

So true.

1 Like

A&C
(sentence)

Cool.

Thanks.

:blush:

1 Like

Ale & Compass.
Buffet is $23, includes a n entree and a beverage plus the options at a small buffet.

2 Likes

That sounds awesome.

2 Likes

I missed these!

Re: Tony’s

This is what I always need at lunch time on a hot day at MK. While it doesnt seem cozy, BOG was always our lunchtime retreat. I tried Skippers Canteen last time - we enjoyed it and the AC and atmosphere was perfect - but kind of heavy and $$ for lunch. Was going to try the Plaza this summer, but maybe we need to try Tony’s.

1 Like