Underrated Restaurants

Agree on S71,Teppan Edo and even RFC!

2 Likes

Has anyone eaten at the Maya Grill at CSR? I’ve wanted to try that one for some time.

1 Like

I haven’t, but it looked and smelled really good when I walked past there.

2 Likes

I meant that in a good way!! Lol. They were really pretty good!

“Man, these tacos are very adequate!” There, does the exclamation point help?

3 Likes

I will pass on Rainforest Cafe.
I didn’t love our SH71 breakfast so maybe I need to try lunch or dinner.
Boathouse is a possibility. I’ve only been once and it was great.

1 Like

I haven’t but then there so many good options at CSR that I would probably do before it.

1 Like

Oh I thought of another! The qs at Caribbean Beach in the main building. Not Sebastians or Banana Cabana, but the other one. They had a surprisingly great Cuban.

2 Likes

Ohhh. Got it.

1 Like

Top of my list for My trip! Last time we didn’t, kids were so little! But When we walked in my DH wondered why we were not eating there since it was so cool Looking.

2 Likes

In the before times I really did like the food at 1900 PF.

Marrakesh, before time, is maybe a favorite at WS. Service is usually first class. I missed it on our last trip, along with 1900 PF. I never can make up my mind what to order. On my big birthday trip several years ago, I ordered appetizer and dessert - no entree - because I can’t eat everything. They’re so great about special celebrations

Did used to love San Angel Inn, until maybe 2018 when they had a menu change. Tacos are not my idea of Mexican food. Mole poblano, carnitas, and the snapper used to be awesome.

Also, before times always ate at Trails End because it’s so laid back and has comfort food. I doubt the food is extra special, but the “Western” atmosphere is nostalgia, both for the actual west of 60 years ago and Disney tv shows depictions.

In Dec 2020 we tried Coral Reef after a several trip hiatus. Awesome experience with the social distancing. Good food, great service, quiet ambiance. I’m not holding my breath that it’ll happen again.

eta: forgot I meant to say we tried 3 Bridges in Dec 2020. Glad we did and we’d eat there again.

3 Likes

I’m really want to try Three Bridges this trip. The wait has been so long on past trips that we didn’t wait.
Coral Reef is another one I’ve never done.

2 Likes

Oh yeah! Restaurant Marrakech was actually a huge sleeper pick.

2 Likes

I did enjoy it.

1 Like
  • Fish and Chips from Rose and Crown pub
  • We also like Rain Forest Cafe - food is adequate, the setup is over the top in a way my DD loved. Its fun!
  • Boma breakfast
  • Geyser Point
4 Likes

I have always enjoyed Coral Reef. We have eaten there every trip except the 10/2020 trip when we weren’t eating indoors.

2 Likes

The buffet, only at breakfast, is new. Mostly fruit, some pastries, yogurt and fruit. Since my entree was $19, plus the cost of coffee, the buffet ($23), added nothing to my cost.

3 Likes

I know some people here thought it was “meh”, but we really liked the breakfast buffet at Cape May Cafe. Just a really nice selection of traditional breakfast foods and made-to-order omelets!

5 Likes

I think the reaction to Cape May breakfast is that it is nothing special and overpriced (especially for kids who don’t get their prix fixe worth), but I haven’t heard anyone say the food was bad or even mediocre. (I may just not have seen it.)

4 Likes

Boma breakfast is one of my favorites!! And my DS. He might be mildly obsessed with goat cheese scrambled eggs.

2 Likes

I might have to consider it. My kids all love seafood.

2 Likes