Underrated Restaurants

Has anyone eaten at the Turf Club at SSR? We are staying at SSR for part of the trip and I’ve never eaten there.

1 Like

Would not call the Plaza a lunchtime retreat vibe. Small and busy is how it seemed to me. Our food was so mediocre, too. YMMV.

4 Likes

I wasn’t impressed with the Plaza either. And it is small and loud.

2 Likes

I’m with you on BOG. I really miss the way they used to do lunch in the before times.

3 Likes

Is Yak and Yeti one of your “usual” restaurants? Maybe you’ve been there too a bunch. But thought I’d mention since its behind Tusker and Tiffins in popularity at AK. We thought all of their food was amazing.

3 Likes

We don’t have many Disney rituals, but riding Soarin when we first get to Epcot and lunch at BOG were our two.

3 Likes

I miss the old BOG lunch too.

3 Likes

Well, I’m guaranteed to go there on any trip that includes @Wahoohokie. :joy:

5 Likes

Y&Y is by far the best table service in any of the 4 parks, if you ask me. I love it so much!

5 Likes

Just think, you would never have known how great the duck was if it weren’t for me! And the coconut shrimp. I honestly don’t know how anyone goes to AK and doesn’t eat there. :grin:

4 Likes

I can speak for the coconut shrimp, but I’ll have to go back to try the duck next time! My stomach was not feeling up to duck on my last visit.

3 Likes

I had no idea. :joy:

2 Likes

That is so true!! :kissing_heart:

Shocking, right? :rofl:

1 Like

Absolutely

1 Like

One of my favorite places to go that is not talked about much here is Jaleo. Get the tasting menu, there is so much good food that gets you to try things you would not normally try. Best with a group so you get so many things you can all try.

4 Likes

Wow, that’s interesting! I’ve never thought of it that way, but I may have to agree.

I’m also one to stay away from the fancy/expensive restaurants. Dollar for dollar, Yak and Yeti is definitely hard to beat.

I thought the server/service was better than the Disney-owned restaurants too.

3 Likes

Y&Y, specifically their Malaysia seafood curry and steaks are definitely my favorite park ts meals excluding Epcot.

2 Likes

I haven’t been to the Jaleo in DS, but I’ve been to the one in DC. It was fabulous and we did get the tasting menu.

2 Likes

Have you eaten at Wolfgang Puck’s? We did laat spring and it was awesome. The carrot cake was the best dessert we’ve had on property.

DW ate at Frontera when she was down in February and had a good experience, too.

Could be options if you’re going to be at SSR.

4 Likes