Trip report D18X

Walking — and shoes

Here are the stats for my trip:

This time I took two pairs of shoes: Adidas Ultraboost and Vans slip-ons:

The Ultraboost are insanely comfortable and, despite being brand new, caused no problems in me walking long distances and being on my feet all day. I knew they’d work because I’ve used them (a different pair) before on my previous two trips.

I’ve always worried about them in the rain, however, so I took the Vans, too. These were a pair I’ve worn in. They did OK in the rain, but after a full day wearing them I could tell they were not protecting my feet like the Ultraboost do. Luckily I only needed to wear them on one of my days.

6 Likes

Jeeze… did you even leave your hotel? :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing your trip with us, bet you do go again next year.

1 Like

I loved reading along too. Yes I could see the Christmas trip becoming an annual event! For us as well if I could just convince DH.

1 Like

I want those utra boosts. I’m a sucker for sneakers (trainers?).

Very excellent reporting, sir. Looking forward to July.

1 Like

I absolutely love the Christmas version of Illuminations!!!

3 Likes

Okay, I will say that the first time I saw it this past week, it was mind-blowing. However, I was thoroughly sick of it by last night. All the best restaurants may be in epcot, but it will be quite some time before I want to walk through the WS again. We did it 6 freaking days out of 6 park days.

3 Likes

Just wanted to check in and ask you a few things @profmatt.

1. how is Calvin?
  2. you were worried about visiting DS. What do you think now? Did you like it?
  3. Did Cobb get a new brother? You didn’t mention your shopping this time round (except for your Mexico skull sculpture)
    Thanks for taking us all along on your trip!
5 Likes

Just finished all your trip posts - seems like you had a great trip!

We were just there as well and started our stay at ASMo. We submitted a request through the touring plans room request and got almost the exact room requested. I think you’d like ASMo as the rooms look very similar to Pop. If we stay there again I’d ask for a top floor, far corner room like you had at Pop (we heard a lot of noise from the rooms above us).

1 Like

Yes, how is he? @profmatt How is his cough? I’m sure he was super excited to see you! Although most dogs don’t care for being dressed up it looked like your friend Sarah was taking good care of him.

Thank you! Great info.

But above all, I would just love to hear you say, “Utterly beguiling” in your British accent.

Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

2 Likes

His voice is quite beguiling and sexy. Very posh English accent.

2 Likes

No, I believe he sounds more like Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins. ‘Ello Moiyre! :rofl:

3 Likes

Nobody on this earth sounds like that!

2 Likes

Except for Dick Van Dyke…

1 Like

LOL! No fake cockney accent within miles. He sounds like an Oxford don.

1 Like

Even he didn’t sound like that for long. Unless he uses a comedy cockney accent in his every day life, which for all I know he does but it seems unlikely :joy:

2 Likes

Very True.

1 Like

Wait. I thought all people in england sounded like that.

Except the Royals who have a snooty uppity accent.

But this changes everything.

3 Likes

I’m actually quite thrown by the fact @profmatt sounds like an Oxford don. I’d assumed that living in Yorkshire, he’d have a Yorkshire accent but apparently not.

2 Likes