Trip report D18X

Yeah, yeah, right - next you are going to tell me that he looks like Daniel Craig…

2 Likes

Wait wut?

English accent I know (see above). What the heck is Oxford and Yorkshire? It’s like you’re saying you’re not all exactly alike.

2 Likes

Oh that, sir, is a fact.

Here is a recent photo:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/JGjYqlmHPVM/maxresdefault.jpg

4 Likes

Well, I am an American, so I could be very wrong that he sounds like an Oxford don. However, I’ve heard the Yorkshire accent, and he definitely does not sound like that.

2 Likes

Imagine that :joy::joy:

2 Likes

I don’t know that I actually know what an Oxford don sounds like, I do know what posh sounds like and it’s not Yorkshire :joy: Or indeed my own Manchester accent.

1 Like

Not that old Photoshopped picture again. Fortunately DD goes to art school and is a whiz with Photoshop, so she was able to undo all the edits and get back to the original photo:
tc_tommy_cooper

4 Likes

I am pretty sure that is not what @profmatt looks like, since I just met him…

I leave the forum to go outside into the real world for a lovely walk with Calvin and I get back to a million notifications because you people have all gone nuts.

Although I was born in Yorkshire and live there again now, I don’t — sadly — have a Yorkshire accent.

I’ve lived in many places in the UK but my accent probably derives from having been to public school (in the UK sense) and Cambridge. So it is fairly “posh”.

3 Likes

So I should have been saying Cambridge don… :slight_smile:

1 Like