Trip report D18X

Perfect…a quote from the ancient minstrel…:sunglasses:

Thanks for taking us along. Its been a hoot. Hoping re-entry isn’t too difficult…glad you’re going to hang around.

1 Like

Speaking of hanging around, glad you are, too!

3 Likes

Glad you had a wonderful trip…thanks for taking us along! Hope your flight home was smooth and that Calvin gave you lots of kisses!

1 Like

I must come to the defense of the Wilderness Lodge location. It is a quick boat ride from MK. That said, when we ate at the boardwalk, we took a bus to MK. That put us near the boat launch back to WL. I used that strategy more than once.

3 Likes

Good tip!

1 Like

When I stayed at POP, we closed out DHS. As we got to the far bus stop, I saw a number of people indicating that I would not get on that bus. Then, a second bus pulled up next to the parked bus and the two buses were being filled simultaneously. That may be easier to do at the end.

My second trip in 1975, we camped in Fort Wilderness. I first used Disney transportation then.

4 Likes

My thoughts entirely…

2 Likes

We plan to do this, for sure. Although, having watched YouTube videos of it, I’m not sure it will rise up to my expectations. It looks to be about the same, or maybe not quite as good, as a great deal many church cantatas for some of the larger churches, and maybe only slightly better than some Christmas cantatas I’ve personally directed. So, I’m trying to figure out what my expectations should be so that I’m not disappointed.

In the video I watched, Kurt Russel was the narrator. Frankly, he was horrid. It looked as if he had been handed the script a few minutes before and had never read the Christmas story before. I’m sure others are significantly better.

You should try NPH. I heard he does a very good job. We saw it back in 2004 with Stephen Curtis Chapman. He was excellent!!!

1 Like

@profmatt On my list for next trip. I’m a huge fan of French food. I’m curious being a Brit if you’ve had the opportunity to travel to France for an equivalent experience? How would MP compare to high end restaurants in France?

I’ve eaten in a Michelin-starred restaurant in Paris. The food is similar in quality. MP wouldn’t get a Michelin star as it would lose points on other aspects: e.g. inconsistent service, rushed service, water spots on cutlery.

2 Likes

@profmatt My last trip to Paris we ate at Cam69 - Free Live Sex Cams & Adult Video Chat Incredible service. Outstanding food. But the prices were enough to make Victoria & Alberts look like a discount chain. I never need to eat Michelin-star again. The price isn’t worth the experience IMO. Water spots never effected my meal experience in the past. lol.

3 Likes

I ate here: Lucas Carton | Restaurant gastronomique Paris - La table Lucas Carton et Le Marché du Lucas

It was memorable for these things:

First, I had the chicken demi-deuil, which means “half in mourning”. The chicken has cuts made into it, in which are inserted slices of (black) truffles.

Second, when I ordered a cigar, it was prepared and lit by a sexy, chic young French woman. When she handed it to me it had some of her spittle on the end. An erotic experience even for me.

Third, my friends and I ate late and didn’t emerge until about 1am. Unbeknown to us it had been snowing and Paris was blanketted in snow. We walked all the way up the Champs-Élysées, breaking the virgin snow with our footprints. Unforgettable. (Clearly: this was over twenty years ago.)

None of that at Monsieur Paul!

7 Likes

That sounds gross to be honest.

3 Likes

@profmatt, Lucas Carton looks good. Nothing says fancy restaurant like black truffles. I like them shaved on my eggs best.
Wow. That might convince me to smoke. lol. France does everything sexy. I learned how to sabre a bottle of wine there.
Its amazing that you remember what you ate from 20 years ago! I can’t remember what I ate 20 days ago.

2 Likes

I have enjoyed all your trip reports and especially love the pictures you take. What do you take all those beautiful pictures with.

1 Like

Thank you for taking us along! I very much enjoyed all the pictures and your candid reviews. I’m glad you had such an amazing, magical trip!

1 Like

I have an iPhone 8+

1 Like