Trip report D185

3 Likes

In that case, look at the bright side. There are probably plenty more jerks in your vacationing future!

4 Likes

See? Was that so hard?

1 Like

Bagged a 4th FPP for Character Spot. In line now.

4 Likes

See? Mickey thinks I’m a fun person.

19 Likes

That’s mint :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

We have no proof that’s you. Could be your body double

3 Likes

I’ve been hearing to take Lyft. The drivers are supposedly more familiar with directions around Disney.

2 Likes

If I were paying for it out of pocket I would bump and run my ADR at Yachtsman. Under two hours to go and I’m still stuffed.

1 Like

I’m quite the hit with the ladies.

14 Likes

There are no rules. You don’t have to get the 32oz steak. Go light. The sweet potato pasta sounds really good.

Or just get an appetizer and dessert

Although the steaks there are really good…

Immediately after Yachtsmans I have the Jingle Bam dessert party, lol. I figure I have to have a steak because, well, duh. But I don’t have to eat it all. Obviously no dessert. Maaaaybe a starter. A teeny weeny one.

2 Likes

Starting my BW / BC / YC tour now.

1 Like

Relaxing at BW. It’s pretty nice and has made a decent effort to look festive. More so than Epcot. I guess they blew the budget on the Contemporary’s fulsome display.

While I’m being snarky — and given that only about two people are following this thread — I’m going to Express A View.

About this:

Yup, that’s right — I’m jumping on the “this is offensive bullshit” bandwagon.

As you well know, I’m no enthusiast for Christianity. I’m not playing the Outraged Catholic here.

But manifestly the parks are decorated to celebrate Christmas. They’re called Christmas trees and Christmas decorations.

Yes, other faiths and traditions have celebrations around this time of year, too. Then let’s see some menorahs and dreidels around. And a sign saying “Happy Hanukkah!”

Merging it into one generic “Holiday” surely pleases no-one. And sticking those offensively meaningless signs in front of Christmas trees is just a nonsense.

5 Likes

I totally agree. The more celebrations the merrier in my opinion. They could very easily honestly, enthusiastically celebrate more than just Christmas. Nothing token, oh, here’s a menorah. But completely honor all holiday celebrations. I think it would be received positively.

3 Likes

Meanwhile, file these under “Beautiful things someone put a lot of thought into designing but which you just walked straight past in your rush to get to the next ride”.

8 Likes

Look at you! Noticing!!! Go Matt!

5 Likes

I can’t play anymore today Matt. I’m done wrapping presents and have to run DD to a wedding. Enjoy the rest of your evening. Talk to you tomorrow!

1 Like