Trip report D183

At Columbia. Just dropped $49.99 on this poncho. It’s super light. And will get used in future trips so I’m fine with it.

13 Likes

Which means, of course, that there will be no further rain for the remainder of your trip! :wink:

(Isn’t that usually how it seems to go?)

9 Likes

There’s always next summer.

1 Like

Stayed at AOA in November. I was happy with the food court and selections. Not so happy with the crowds. It was my first value resort, but I would go back if I had too. (IE; family that joined that needed to split the cost of room )

Enjoy it! Lose yourself in the Magic!!

2 Likes

I’m here. It’s right by the AMC. They take the DDP and they were taking walk ins.

3 Likes

I’d probably go the ADR route. DS is probably going to be crowded between locals coming to do last minute Christmas shopping and vacationers going there instead of a park because of the rain. If I remember correctly, you’re on the DxDP, so I would hate to “waste” a meal credit on a QS (although there are some good QS options at DS), and I think finding a walk-up at a TS, without a considerable wait, might be challenging.

POP is my favorite resort if I’m not renting DVC points to stay at a deluxe, but the food court there was a one and done for me, except for coffee, soda, or a snack to take up to my room.

1 Like

Too late!

Actually it’s pretty empty round here.

Planet Hollywood is fine. It’s close to the theatre and it’s food.

Kinda pleased with my new jacket.

6 Likes

Can’t go wrong with Columbia; a bit pricy, but high quality. You chose wisely… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Anxious to hear your review of PH. The original was mediocre at best, but it’s been getting better reviews since the re-launch.

I’d like to say I planned it that way. I was walking past on my way to AMC. I actually think it’s a better option than a poncho.

Definitely good quality.

1 Like

I have always hated ponchos; I’ll take a nice rain jacket any day.

2 Likes

I’ve ordered the Mahi Mahi. And I was very American and substituted the rice for mashed potato. Try that in the UK and they’d throw you out of the restaurant and ban you for life.

2 Likes

I have a Columbia jacket. And while it is “rain resistant”, it isn’t really rain proof. That is, if I’m going between my car and a building, it will keep the water at bay. But if I’m out in rain for a more prolonged period of time, it slowly starts to absorb the water and I’ll still end up wet.

However, mine is a different material, it looks like. Mine is thicker with a fleece lining meant for cooler temps (but not freezing temps). While I like the jacket a lot, I was disappointed it wasn’t more water resistant than it is. I had hoped being a Columbia it would have been better.

I threw the tag away but I think it said water and wind proof. It’s super light and thin with a mesh-type lining.

1 Like

A few years ago we were waiting for the Star Wars fireworks when everyone’s phone began that siren warning of an impending tornado. every.ones.phone. It was comical. We all, in unison, looked up at the sky, back to our phones and they stayed exactly where we were. Not one person left. Nothing stops at Disney.

4 Likes

With flash!

Sounds like the one I got specifically for park touringnfor my trip last January. I love that jacket.

1 Like

I just purchased my daughters each a Columbia rain jacket this morning and the tag says waterproof. I’m not sure if it’s the same or not, but they are also super light and thin.

1 Like

I have emerged from the AMC. It is technically raining. But only one drop per second. I’m headed to MK.

Mary Poppins was delightful. Something must have got caught in my eye at the end as my eyes started watering.

17 Likes