Trip report D183

Stop arguing and get useful: what am I going to do about food? Eat at Pop (eww) or take my chances at DS? Make an ADR or just wing it?

Pop really leaves a lot to be desired in terms of food.

How about Deluxe Burger or Polite Pig?

2 Likes

Walk to AoA? Iā€™ve heard itā€™s pretty good in terms of food courts.

There is a criminal lack of Batemans in this thread.patrick-bateman-cheers

1 Like

If you go to DS, you could pop into Earl of Sandwich. Quick food, decent. And they have a bunch of really nice dessert items. Although, I suppose if you are planning dessert parties/MVMCP, you might not want that.

But, then again, I know my food tastes are rather low-brow.

OK, so there are QS options. Good to know. Whichever one I find first gets my business!

1 Like

If it werenā€™t for the rain, Iā€™d definitely be up for that. Also, I want to be at DS sooner rather than later so I know Iā€™ll be OK for my movie.

Isnā€™t the AMC theatre in DS a dine-in theatre? Canā€™t you actually eat at the movie?

1 Like

Hey, climate change skeptics. According to the Weather Channel, weā€™ve had more tornado warnings today than in all of the Decembers in the last eleven years.

I opted out of Mousekeeping. The room check lady just arrived. Kinda thorough.

1 Like

:smiley: ā€œwrong movieā€

Ah yes that damn rain/tornadoes. I was hoping to hear how AoA food is since Iā€™ll be staying at POP in April.

Right. Iā€™m headed out. You may never hear from me again . . .

1 Like

It just occurred to me that Earl of Sandwich is probably as far away from the AMC theater as you can be and still be in Disney Springs. The idea of eating at the theater itself is a good one, depending on your tolerance for that kind of food.

1 Like

The reviews Iā€™ve seen speak very highly of the food there. I donā€™t know how extensive the menu is.

Iā€™ll throw in a vote for Deluxe Burger. Especially as a substitute for Sci Fi. If you do go to DB, make sure to try all the sauces (just ask)! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ugh. So the ponchos I ordered from Amazon and brought with me are worthless. The store at Pop had sold out. My hoodie is thick so Iā€™m not feeling the wet but the outer layer is wet.

Iā€™m on the bus to DS. The waiting line is not covered. So I waited away from the line and jumped on the bus at the last second.

I have my big hat so my face and neck are dry.

I think I may just head to the AMC and take my chances with whatever food theyā€™re offering.

2 Likes

Hi @ profmatt it looks like we are here on the same schedule. currently lying in bed trying to decide if it worth heading to HS for our fp.

2 Likes

Arrived DS. Not currently raining. Headed to AMC.

1 Like

Based on the weather predictions, as of right now, you have about 2-3 hours without (much) rain before it picks back up.

1 Like

Oh, bother. Should have hit reload on the page before I spoke. Apparently, things have shifted. Break in rain isnā€™t supposed to happen until closer to 3, and for a shorter window. Ignore me. Most people do, anyway! :slight_smile:

2 Likes