Transition from Chat Lines Format

but , to me it feels like all seperate rooms in a house. I have to go to room a for this ?, then room b for something else…i like one big room . I dont get lost in there

5 Likes

Me too!!! Looks ok though:-)

i like the variety of threads to scroll through. Going from topic site to topic site…ugh!

Using on a computer, this is much easier. Unfortunately it is not made to work well on a mobile phone. I only use TouringPlans/Lines on my mobile phone where this forum freezes as it loads, uses too much data and is just way too cumbersome. Maybe this will work if they actually design a mobile app like other forums do.

I’ve been finding that clicking on the MOST RECENT or LATEST button keeps it feeling like the “old chat” in a way. But then I can always go post to a specific area if I choose.

I just think this makes everyone kind of spread out… I’ll give it a try but may have lost the ease of use and the community feel of chat :unamused:

4 Likes

But we had turned into the Mall of America - 370 crazy rooms running at one time. You will find your rhythm of how you filter the chats you care to follow. Tagging into a topic and adjusting your notifications will really help in your enjoyment.

1 Like

I’ve had no issues on my iPhone so far. No freezing. No stalling.

1 Like

@999HappyHaunts they have not taken chat away. I think we go to the place that works for us right now.

2 Likes

right now we are all here, so whos in the other topic sites?

I had probs on my iPhone too… Now on ipad.

Main chat will never go away, But we should have one place for learning and pre-vacation and the other for in park and immediate need / communication requested.

@MagicMN I understand what you are saying but some of us have not continued on disboards due to this format.

4 Likes

It looks like comments are showing up attached to the OP and also at the end of the whole thread. Strange. This is going to take some learning. I can see why it would be useful to have topic-specific threads for informational purposes. I think I’ll like original Lines better for friendly chatting though.

I agree @NotThatKevinSmith. An app might make this transition a little easier as I am finding the interface pretty cumbersome on my iphone.

2 Likes

In 10 minutes on Lines chat on my phone, my phone used 3MB of data, in 10 minutes this forum used 22MB of data. That’s just ridiculous. For those of us who don’t have unlimited data plans, that is a HUGE problem. Even if it’s something you like, I was already using about 100MB a month on Lines chat, by my rough estimate I will be using over 500MB a month here which is my entire data plan for a month. I’m not buying a bigger data plan just for this.

6 Likes

I like it. Will take a little getting used to but easier to find posts/topics.

3 Likes

I will log the issue and I am sure they will look into it

You can bookmark posts! Or “star” them as favorites! !!

1 Like

I’ll be over there---->

3 Likes