TP Website Redesign - the Dashboard

Oh you must try to watch it, it’s such a good movie.

2 Likes

Awww!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I remember watching The Net featuring Sandra Bullock with my Gramps. He had always been a little leary about how much data the government was trying to collect from people. This was around the same time he got the email address, iirc. Actually a little before. He wouldn’t use his real name on the computer. He made up an alias. :joy: I can’t remember the details but I think this movie had to do with someone changing Sandra Bullocks identity.

5 Likes

I feel like this got referenced somewhere on here just a couple of days ago :thinking:

1 Like

That’s actually still a very scary movie!!
I think it’s held up well. Although it’s probably been about 5-10 years since I last watched it.

4 Likes

Actually, for the time it was made, The Net was probably one of the MOST accurate portrayals of computers in a movie. Great movie. I watch it every few years. (We own it.) But it was late 90s I believe.

3 Likes

I love all of Sandra Bullocks movies. My least favorite being the bus one (can’t think of the title to save my life). My fav, fav is The Proposal. But also because of Betty White.

1 Like

Speed! :laughing:

3 Likes

Speed!

3 Likes

Too slow!! :laughing::lobster:

1 Like

Googled. 1995, so that’s about right. I would have been in 10th grade. We saw it in the movies. We always went to the 50 cent matinee movies on Sundays. This was his pick, not mine, lol. Keyboarding was in 11th now that I’m thinking back.

1 Like

Cannot heart never seeing War Games :flushed::flushed:

2 Likes

It’s as much a movie about a nerd who finds someone else like him.

It’s just a different version of a coming of age movie, but set against a suspenseful backdrop instead of the John Hughes version where boy meets girl and overcomes their social differences.

You don’t need to be a computer nerd to enjoy it.

2 Likes

It’s on the list :wink:

4 Likes

I remember the premise and of what I saw it’s not a bad movie. I just generally like sci-fi, fantasy, horror or comedy. Drama and suspense are a little harder of a watch for me. I guess I really should put it on the list, lol. But it will have to wait till November. I know DH will be fine watching it. If I can find it on a streaming service.

2 Likes

I guess? As I recall, it suffered from all movie and TV tech depictions of making the most complicated and/or impossible things look like they could be done via random keystrokes and a mouse click. Still a good movie, though.

Now, excuse me while I hack into the mainframe and change my 1982 Phys Ed grade.

7 Likes

Notice my phrase “in a movie”. :slight_smile:

But honestly, it was surprisingly spot on, if only slightly ahead of it’s time.

Now…around the same time another computer-infused plot-line in a movie came out called “Hackers”. It was…idiotic.

3 Likes

We’re going to add a specific link to the forum. Sorry about that.

11 Likes

Oh I’m crying. I’m sorry. But this is funny.

2 Likes

We were in our senior year of college when we got one. We used it to help debug our Fortran IV programs (punchcard stacks) at our apartment, before trying it again on campus in punchcards. Fun times!

2 Likes