TP Website Redesign - the Dashboard

Ow! Ow! Ow! Please stop with all the things written in light red and the alerts on a light red background.

The light red color is literally painful to look at.

4 Likes

I don’t think some members of the TP staff know the forum exist.

5 Likes

I placed a Post-it note with an arrow drawn on it stuck to my monitor, pointing to the location of the bookmarks. You’d think I couldn’t mess this up!

3 Likes

The name doesn’t sound familiar. But then again, I didn’t play it. However the description would fit. That’s a looonnnnggg time ago to remember. I played chess and some version of pong. Also played around with making colors, lol. Certainly didn’t learn to code :joy: Also, my cousin is 8 years my senior and was too cool to let me hang out with him unless he wanted to beat me at a board game or tear apart my legos to make something lame like the Starship Enterprise or the Millennial Falcon.

Also if you can’t remember your passwords, you could write them down in a little notebook. It’s helpful if the notebook is titled “PASSWORDS” so you can easily identify what’s in the notebook

5 Likes

Oh…sorry. That was a joke. It was a screenshot from War Games.

2 Likes

That’s just silly.

All my passwords are “password”. If I can’t remember that, I’m doomed!

2 Likes

I got your joke

(I just couldn’t heart it for obvious reasons, but it was a very good joke. LIKE!)

3 Likes

Is doomed what you change your password password to when it’s time to change your password?

2 Likes

So this is a bit weird too.

At the top of the Forums there are two links.

The one at the top says TouringPlans - which takes me to the …. top level forums page

The one that says My dashboard takes me to the home page for Touring Plans. Not my dashboard. And I assume it’s the home page but it doesn’t say Touring Plans, it just has the logo. And from there I can get to my dashboard.

Truth is though that on both my iPad and phone my TP icon brings me here to the forums. This is where I visit pretty much every day. It’s only when I’m actually planning a trip that I go to the TP site itself. Or if someone links to a blog post or something which I want to read.

4 Likes

My mom came over with THREE different small notebooks that she has passwords in. (trying to get her back into her laptop).
@ryan1 Don’t do this :point_up_2:

Ironically, for “Laptop” she had a note that it was in her email. :woman_facepalming:

4 Likes

My biggest endorphin rushes these days are when I have to log into an account I’ve not used in a while and get the password right!! :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::partying_face::partying_face:

5 Likes

It is a tedious process. I have change my password 13 times each time.

password → password1
password1 → password2
…
password13 → password

Most systems won’t let you the same password you’ve used the previous 12 times. But my system works around their shenanigans!

5 Likes

I’ve never seen it, lol.

Though I don’t quite use this process, I use a variation of this process :smiley:

3 Likes

FANTASTIC 80s film!

Definitely see it sometime

Add it to the list :blowfish:

6 Likes

I have done this. I have 3 passwords I like to use. And I will go to great lengths to use only those 3.

2 Likes

:flushed::cry:

I mean that’s better than what went through my head for a moment - that they were trying to run the forum down. But it’s sad.

2 Likes

:joy: Sure.
ETA: I think I have seen parts of it when it comes on TV. I just don’t get into movies like that. DH likes the movie though.

2 Likes

To be fair, the movie is a bit of a cult classic. But while I’m sure it hasn’t aged well, it is reflective of a very 80s fear we saw reflected in a great many movies of the day that rose from a lack of understanding of computers and their capabilities. The “fear of the machine” was seen in such films as War Games, but also Terminator, and even, in a more light-hearted sense, Short Circuit. It was a common trope to be afraid of where A.I. could lead.

(Sadly, the same fears seem to be on the rise again today…once again, coming out of a lack of understanding of what A.I. actually is and isn’t. )

2 Likes