TP Website Redesign - the Dashboard

Also, Starbucks is celebrating the launch of the new website. The color is even a closer match IRL.

6 Likes

I was coming here to say this. I used to be able to google touring plans crowd and the old site would come up. Now all I have is the new site and I couldn’t find the forum link. It used to be on the right, which I liked. I don’t think all this click through business is intuitive enough in the current TP website design.

4 Likes

The only way I’ve found the forums is to scroll all the way to the bottom of the main page, click “Contact Us,” and then click the link in the first paragraph on that page.

I’m trying to keep an open mind. I am older. I do not like having to deal with my smart phone all the time. I can type on a big old keyboard connected to a big old desktop computer so easily, that it really is my preferred way of surfing the internet. I know that makes me obsolete and behind the times, but it really annoys me to be left behind like this. I used to be a cool chick. Newsgroups were made for hot mamas like me! Forums and bulletin boards were my stomping grounds! … You know, I was the person, when my high school class started planning the 10th reunion, I was the person who asked, “Why the heck aren’t you asking for everyone’s email addresses?!”

(And one of the former popular girls on the committee actually called me and asked, “What the heck is email?!” Meh, 1993.)

So I’m trying to be understanding. I am taking deep breaths. I hope I’ll figure all of this out before I go to WDW after Thanksgiving, because otherwise, I’ll be that grumpy old lady stuck in a two-hour queue for Seven Dwarfs.

P.S. – The first time I tried to reply to this thread, around, I dunno, around 9:30? – I couldn’t actually post a reply. The system wouldn’t open a reply box for me. Hmph. But see? They already fixed that! There’s hope for the future of the Lines app!

6 Likes

FTFY Me, too.

4 Likes

In 1993, that’s totally understandable. The web had only just been invented, and was only being used in academic settings. Email was generally either for folks in college, or those using AOL.

1 Like

I (and others) pleaded with Len to let the historical data as is, thankful he listened! :smiling_face:

Yes.

1 Like

I feel this,

Signed,
74537.1266@compuserve.com

8 Likes

I remember learning about email in typing class in 1996. We had computer labs as early as 1988 or so in school. At least in the GT program. Side note, this is where my love for The Oregon Trail began.
BTP- I had never heard of email before that point even though I had been around computers from an early age. My Gramps had a Commodore 64 when I was around 6 or 7. And to a surprise to my future self, we young kids were able to play on it unsupervised whenever we wanted.
When I came home one day and told my Gramps about email, we got dial up internet a month or so later just so he can get an email address. Iirc, it was aol. He was retired but made business cards so he could hand out his email address to his friends (that didn’t even know how to turn on a computer). A few years later I got assigned an email in college. But all of my less intellectually bound friends had no idea what the internet or email was at the time. It’s amazing how far technology has come in just a couple decades.

3 Likes

I learned to program in BASIC on a Commodore PET. When I was nine, I got my first computer: A Commodore VIC-20. I later upgraded to a Commodore 64! All the while, my mom feared I was going to somehow start World War III. (I don’t THINK she watched War Games…but she at least knew about it!)

4 Likes

Are you saying he was going to remove it altogether?

I’m merely saying that it makes sense to allow accessing the historical data from the monthly calendar as well. I always hated that in order to get to the historical data it was a separate path from the normal crowd calendar data. They are directly related and should just be all accessed from the same path.

Interestingly, though…when you look at the historical data in the list view, it is is in REVERSE chronological order. That seems…odd.

4 Likes

From the app when you link to the crowd calendar you get the month of October but if you try to change the month I get this:

4 Likes

I am not surprised there are no references to the forum.

2 Likes

That’s weird. Pretty sure it was supposed to look like this:

image

12 Likes

Not really sure, but we didn’t want to risk it!

Bookmarks people. Many many bookmarks.

5 Likes

Speaking of…I have so many bookmarks…not too long ago, I was looking through my bookmarks and found I had bookmarked the same site multiple times. Apparently, I can’t even find my bookmarks in my bookmarks, so I keep adding the same ones over and over again! :smiley:

4 Likes

Folders people. Many many folders.

5 Likes

Look- there was some high tech stuff going on in that commodore 64! I think we even had a game on floppy that was war related. My cousin played it. I wish I could remember it. It was text based. Also, another great love of mine from that era.

1 Like

Global Thermonuclear War? :wink:

image

5 Likes

If you just bookmarked your bookmarks, you wouldn’t be in this mess.

6 Likes

Why?

1 Like