TP Website Redesign - the Dashboard

I also learned Basic first but for me it was in my 8th grade Computer Science class. Our first family computer I remember was the macintosh where I played hours of Mahjong Tiles but the very next one was an Amiga 2000 where the video game graphics were astounding and the games acquired/played increased!

1 Like

I had an Amiga 2000 as well!

1 Like

What games?

My favorites were Lemmings, Carmen Sandiago (World and USA), some knock off Indiana Jones, and Pac-Man where you could create your own levels.

2 Likes

Loved this game!!!

5 Likes

My favorite strategy game of all time!
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

No apologies necessary. :joy: My reaction to reading this- “check email for password”, after she made me go through the books- with only a few pages written on them in each, was to drop the book on the table and exclaim, “For God’s Sake Mom”. We got into it but it was a process, lol. I told her she was never allowed to change the password on the computer now that I know it.

1 Like

lmbo

I prefer passphrases to passwords. I can remember these much better and they are honestly harder to crack due to their length.

2 Likes

Holy Cow it wasn’t a knock off cuz this is it:
AMIGA : Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom - with Commentary !! - YouTube

I loved the mine cart part.

There are much better people out there to hack than me! :joy: My passwords really only make sense to me. Even DH doesn’t understand the method to my madness. He uses lame, easy to guess ones. So even when he’s mad and changes a password to his email or to some account so I have to ask for his help, I can usually still guess it.

2 Likes

:woman_facepalming:

Yeah, so um as person in tech this is so disappointing to me. Can I chat with them both? LOL

This is the same level of frustration I just felt last week when I was trying to fix my 93yo grandpa’s laptop and it was taking forever to load. I asked him did you not buy an SSD and he was completely perplexed. Sigh.

2 Likes

Loved Lemmings. And while I have never been a huge computer game player, I also loved Atomino and Arkanoid (1 and 2).

4 Likes

Oh yeah fantastic game! I had that on something but I can’t remember if it was the Amiga.

Me too!

Pikmen is kind of similar in an updated way. I like that one a lot too

1 Like

That was my favourite game on my Sinclair ZX Spectrum with a tape deck :laughing:

1 Like

Hack Time

6 Likes

That should not even be a thing. It’s lazy building.

3 Likes

12 Likes

EXACTLY! (sentence)

1 Like

Don’t believe him; he’s being sarcastic.

1 Like

Nice!

I went to a high school that had a special technical electronics curriculum - sort of pre-electrical engineering.

In our senior year we had to complete a project and I talked my family into buying me a Timex / Sinclair ZX81 kit. So. much. soldering. What a PITA that was. :smiley:

Sinclair-ZX81

5 Likes