TP Website Redesign - the Dashboard

Yes. I always have trouble finding where the hotel info and room finder is.

7 Likes

Not sure if it would even be possible-

But I wish when I was building my touringplans on the website yesterday (again) that there was a way to get an attraction/show discription…Do I need this most trips to WDW no- first time trip to DLR YES!
Spent a few minutes adjusting the order but most of the day was breaking out the paperback “unofficial guide” for ride details, than looking up ride videos…

And I am begging hereI love my unofficial guides but the world needs an updated version of “open mouse”

• and it seems I am alone on this but I like seeing my old trips on the side…
3 Likes

No, I like it too!

1 Like

Is there a way to make it easier to reorder steps. Now, you have to push move up or down until you get to right spot. Could it be something like “reorder step” and move to step # ?

1 Like

This is interesting. How would I go about determining the accuracy of UT’s crowd calendar?

3 Likes

We’ll definitely add attraction/show descriptions to the TP creation process.

Remind me again what “open mouse” was?

Manually keeping records of their predictions and then later comparing them to Touring Plans Historical Data CL’s lol.

Additionally, UT has no metrics they disclose as a guide to determining CL’s.

3 Likes

@len wasn’t sure where to ask so this landed in this thread… I just took a WDW survey prompted by my disneyworld.com website visit. I took screen shots of all the questions and my answers if you are interested. 2 of the questions glitched (no question and Disney had pre selected answers). I rolled with it. I have a feeling they were not meant to be questions at all but some sort of scoring Disney does in the background but who knows :woman_shrugging: If you are interested, please let me know where to send the info. They are currently png files (screenshots of the window on my desktop) but can reformat if needed.

I was skeptical of TP’s crowd calendar til I learned it’s based on ride wait times, which I care more about than actual numbers of people.

Also, they’re transparent about their definition, and lately TP’s predictions have been within 1 CL of actual, the vast majority of the time.

The only thing missing IMO is to take LL availability into account. I’d like to know what I can expect LL availability to be on a given day/week.

4 Likes

Have no idea. I just know that for the times I’ve personally used it, I feel the UT CLs were more accurate. My sample size is small, of course. BUT, I think the one advantage UT has over TP is that TP is making assumptions that past results dictates future behavior. Generally, perhaps true. But UT actually has future-looking data. I have no idea how they use it. But they KNOW how many tickets they are selling for which dates, which is more indicative of how many people would be in the parks (versus just wait times).

See, I’m the opposite. I care, first and foremost, how many people are in the parks. In fact, you could argue that I care MORE about how many people are NOT in lines, versus those that are! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I see your point. In that case, you might try picking a day that’s got a low UT-CL and a high TP-CL :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Actually, what I’ve done in the past (although, not for this most recent trip, because dates were sort of pre-determined) is make a spreadsheet that combines the UT CLs, KtP’s CLs, and TP’s CLs. Then, I’d arrange the trip based on what was most agreed upon as lowest.

1 Like

It was a phenomenal book that the old passporter’s company put out…it was a comprehensive guide for all types of differently abled disney guests…no one to my knowledge at this point has anything close and I am pretty sure the last version available was around way before DAS like 2010 ish

I love my "unofficial guides"for touring but I used open mouse for in-depth queue & attraction boarding process and double back to readjust my plans if I cant make the transfer on my own…

00280FD4-CCE2-44A6-A043-950398D20B69_4_5005_c

So for example - Teacups at DLR - TP website just list

Special Needs

so here I had to search out what the TP description actually means-

• I would gladly offer up a copy of my old book so you guys would take a look at how well thought out and how in-depth it is heck- I would even offer up some DVC points if someone was willing to bring that back…
6 Likes

Quite interesting. From UT site:

5 Likes

UT has some cred with me, but not KtP. Perhaps it was good in the past, but it’s mostly clickbait articles these days. Heard the original owner sold it.

3 Likes

The thing about TP crowd predictions is that it’s pretty transparent, uses a consistent and data-driven methodology, and can be benchmarked for accuracy using lookbacks. So anyone using TP crowd predictions should be aware of how it is developed so they can decide if it will be useful for their circumstances.

For example, because it relies heavily on historical crowd levels by date, in a time of societal upheaval like we’ve just been through the last 2 years, it would be expected to be less accurate than during times of stability. That’s the nature of forecasting.

But it is forward-looking as well. They take into account things like school schedules and holidays to calibrate. And they adjust their expectations when they get new data.

It’s good to use more than one source, including perhaps looking at UT. But since for most visitors, our sample size of dates is going to be very small, and real life is naturally subject to unpredictable variation, we shouldn’t be surprised if we happen to go on an unusually crowded / uncrowded day that didn’t go according to prediction.

You have to analyze a very large data set to get statistically significant results. Which is exactly what TP is doing.

7 Likes

Outside of cheer leading events, this was my exact strategy over the years- wirh plenty of sucess too.

I unfollowed him at the beginning of this year because I was noticing a decline in the content.

This would make a lot of sense! I used to love KtP.

2 Likes

BUT, TP also bases on their CLs on arbitrarily defined wait times against arbitrarily selected rides during the time of day that we are LEAST likely to be in the parks. So, the pool of data they use for their stats is already flawed for OUR purposes.

Sure. That’s why I said…

1 Like