TP Website Redesign - the Dashboard

It really is more of a crowds in the queue measure than an actual crowds in the park measure. I’m guessing the generic term crowd calander could be a bit misleading, just on the surface. TP does a good job explaining how these numbers are reached.

1 Like

KtP is still very much run by KtP if that’s what you mean. I don’t particularly enjoy their stuff, but a friend of mine is one of the writers for his site. What I hate the most (and it’s a format they are held to) is that you have to wade through a bunch of info you already know before they get to the point of the article.

I will say their info tends to be pretty on point even if I don’t like them much

1 Like

Sorry, re the “original owner sold it” piece, I think I confused them with insidethemagic. But KtP is only 1 step above ITM IMO in terms of longwinded clickbaity fluffy articles.

1 Like

Longwinded and fluffy

But they do tend to “breaking news”

(and again, I don’t like them much - I pretty much only read what my friend writes, and then I scrolllllllllllllll to the bottom :laughing: )

1 Like

Sounds like recipe sites. You have to read everything about why the recipe evokes memories on their grandmother’s life on the farm or something before you to what you care about…the recipe! :laughing:

6 Likes

omg YES!

2 Likes

Sometimes I look at the top for a “print recipe” button. This will either jump to the bottom or bring up the print screen.

I agree that every website including TP needs to have better accessibility information. Including pictures etc. like you have shown. Ideally it would be readily available on the Disney website but it seems like nobody can be bothered to make accessibility information easily accessible. I’m also including dimensions of seats, leg room etc. particularly on iffy rides. I know not always available but when possible. For example, SDMT I know it’s uncomfortable for tall people and that getting the lap bar to close can be an issue if you have knee issues or are larger. It would be great to know the width of the part both knees need to go into so before waiting in line you would know “I won’t be able to ride because my knees are x+2 inches wide and the space is x inches. Particularly since I don’t think there is a test seat.

At Universal it’s a different issue, there are test sests but often they are tighter than the regular seats. Widths here would also help. @len Sarah Goff, a TP TA runs a FB page to help people with some of this. Also, Pammies Plus Parks started doing really good videos pre Covid that addressed multiple issues and which rides had extra steps to help get in vehicles FEA. But notice these are all over the place. It would be great to have one place like this Open Mouse book but updated and online.

2 Likes

I would settle for a ebook- :upside_down_face: I am going to keep advocating for better descriptions

Even though I don’t have his dimensions I follow Theme Park express on YouTube he is wonderful at ride descriptions - nice enough guy he was behind us waiting to get in at Space220

Here is his Tron video-

knew watching his ride review there was no way I could maneuver on to it without assistance…for what it’s worth they have announced an accessible Tron cart…but not how often it will be available ( Everest every train rear cart vs Remi- they only put it out of requested) or what makes it “accessible”

3 Likes

Ok it’s absolutely hilarious it starts with “they are getting ready for it to open next year in 2021 and have already put out test seats”. Boy did things not quite work out there.

3 Likes

See my post in Tron watch thread!!!

2 Likes

Oh, send those screencaps to me, please, including the glitches: len@touringplans.com. PNG files are fine. Thank you!

4 Likes

OK. Let’s say they have enough data to make predictions, and they’re actually doing it. How would I check those predictions? Like, what specific thing did they predict that I, as an independent observer, can check?

Not for nothing, Ryan, but I know Ian Ford, the owner of UT, well enough to know he’s full of :poop:. They’re not doing any kind of analysis whatsoever. He’s not going to pay a statistician to make that kind of forward-looking prediction. It’s all marketing so they rank high for “crowd calendar” on SEO.

18 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I love you @len

9 Likes

:scream: We blur those kind of words around here!! :rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

I’m just going to say that in all of Google’s search capabilities, there’s exactly 0 hits for “Undercover Tourist statistician”.

9 Likes

No we only have to blur when we say fuck

4 Likes

Ooopsie. One sec.

2 Likes

The dude literally called me one day to say “We’re going to copy parts of your site. It’s only business.”

11 Likes

Yes, WE do because we’re potty mouthed heathens!

3 Likes