TP Website Redesign - the Dashboard

This is something I thought was a fluke … But when I evaluate a plan in the app, it never “finishes” on its own. It will sit indefinitely on this screen…

I thought in the new interface I wasn’t supposed to have to manually get it to load the evaluations…which is confusing because the Refresh button makes it seem like it would REevaluate.

1 Like

Yes - mine is separate, but I don"t remeber if I originally chose the parks in the app or on the website or maybe both!. If I chose them in the app, that would explain it.

Agree wholeheartedly. Choices about colors and overall look and feel should be made after or parallel with the information architecture decisions. And those need to be made after many tests to be sure that the user can find things. That’s why us HCI peeps use low-fi prototypes for testing.

Pretty is great. I love pretty websites. Usability is better.

3 Likes

I have had to hit refresh since the new app came out…

Thanks for this, @Daneenm. We’ll add those notes back.

1 Like

I 100% hear you on this one :joy:

Good luck with your planning!

Just today playing with the individual attraction wait times and wanted to share that the little slider thingie doesn’t match up with the graph, making it both a little klunky and unclear.

I can’t manage a screen shot per se, but will take a photo of my screen :laughing:

If I have my cursor on the white area of the graph that supposedly reflects the 11am hour, it pops up with 10am data

On the LL selection side of the page, if I put my cursor on the 10am line on the graph it pops up with 9am data

Thought the team might want to know so they could adjust this to more accurately and clearly reflect the information

4 Likes

Got this. Thank you.

6 Likes

Ahh, Compuserve.

2 Likes

I have been poking around in the app more. I have one day in the parks (Epcot). Using the app for making a park plan just doesn’t work so well.

  1. If I modify a meal, the Save Plan button sometimes is visible, but not always the “Save”. I have now probably at least 10 times modified the meal, and hit Save Plan, rather than Save unwittingly…and my edits were then lost. I don’t think the Save plan button should show up or be available until I either cancel my current action editing a step or Save that step.

  2. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to manually re-order steps. I rarely ever use Optimize, except in the very early stages. After that I like to reorder steps and Evaluate. But I just don’t see a way to reorder the steps, which makes Evaluate kind of pointless.

  3. How do I see the map of the steps after I have them Optimized or Evaluated? Again…I can’t find this.

  4. I mentioned in another thread that when I Optimize, it will not automatically refresh when it is done. I could have sworn this was supposed to be an improvement in the new App versus the old…and I’m not sure why it isn’t. I would expect hitting the Refresh button would re-optimize the plan. But it doesn’t. It just downloads the most recent plan data once it has finished optimizing.

2 Likes

I missed this and wrote into TP, they kindly pointed it out.

Click on the button to the left of the attraction, then use the up and down arrows.

This has always been website only, and did not update with the new app. Touring plans definitely have more functionality in the website.

1 Like

I don’t know how you get to that page. I don’t have a way to selection individual rows like that.

Hmm. Okay. I mean…having it in the app is just as useful, if not moreso, when wanting to follow your already created plan while in the park. For example, I added JAMMitors to my plan. It tells me to walk there between steps. But I have no idea where it is actually located. I would have to go out of the app, and search for it some other way I guess?

Admittedly, in the past, when I created a plan, I was doing it all from the website…but I also pretty much already knew where the things were that I was trying to add. But this time around, I’m adding many of the things I don’t usually do, so having the map becomes more important because I don’t know where those things are.

2 Likes

I’m not seeing it either. Maybe it’s an android thing?

Agree on the map - in the app would be a great place.

You get to that list through clicking on evaluate instead of modify.

It won’t automatically evaluate!

1 Like

Oh duh, it works now

Why do you even need a map by now.

You ARE the map!

:blowfish:

2 Likes

But…before I have it evaluate, I want to order my steps. I then evaluate it to get the timing estimates.

3 Likes

I think they are fussing with the system because I was having some trouble here and there as I was fixing up my AK plan and then it cleared. Then it came back. Then it cleared again. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Apparently, it’s a different kind of “evaluate” :smile:

I am the MAPjick!

2 Likes