TP Website Redesign - the Dashboard

Well played

If you select evaluate it gives you the option to order your steps.

Hmm. Okay. That’s odd. So, clicking Optimize, it immediately starts to optimize. But clicking Evaluate doesn’t actually evaluate anything. It takes you to a screen where you can re-order things? Not at all intuitive. Inconsistent UX design, for sure.

So far, my ACTUAL experiences using the app just aren’t very good. I’m getting frustrated more than anything. :confused:

4 Likes

No it evaluates when you click Evaluate

It shows “evaluating” in the lower left corner. When you refresh (lower right corner IIRC) you see the recently re-evaluated plan

I think we are on different screens.

When I’m looking at the plan in the app, the button has three buttons. “Optmize”, “Evaluate”, and “Modify”. If I click Optimize, it immediately starts to Optimize (and eventually I have to manually hit the Refresh button…but was a separate complaint). My expectation is if I hit “Evaluate” that it would start evaluating. But before that, I want to be able to re-order the steps. I couldn’t figure out how to do that. I thought pressing and holding a step might let me move it, but it doesn’t. I thought hitting “Modify” would provide a means to “modify” the step orders, but it doesn’t…it just let me pick what I do or not want to do.

So, I was stuck as to how to actually order the steps.

But as @heathernoel pointed out, I have to hit “Evaulate”…which does NOT actually, then, evaluate the steps. Instead, it gives me a way to re-order the steps. That’s really confusing…and bizarre if all I wanted to do is re-evaluate the CURRENT order of things (such as if a new update of estimated wait times was made, and I want to see how it is, or if I’m in the park and want to re-evaluate my current plan based on current wait times).

It never occurred to me to click on “Evaluate” to “Re-order steps”. Those are two different things (albeit related when compared to Optimize).

3 Likes

I see

I think it (the system) is suggesting that if you want to evaluate the plan you are changing something about the order

But I get what you’re saying now.

Hmm. Now I hit a new issue. After changing the order of some steps, I hit “Done”. It started to Evaluate automatically. (I mean…okay.) After several seconds, I hit “Refresh”. It then re-loaded the page, and took me back to the first screen where it has the “Optimize”, “Evaluate”, and “Modify” buttons…only, all of the steps have no actual timing information as if no Evaluation ever took place. :confused:

ETA: I did the same exact steps again, this time NOT modifying the order, and waiting to Refresh, and it worked. So, the behavior is inconsistent.

I know you’ve been playing with the app more, you do realize that you can still modify (and create) your plans on the old site?

Yes. But since there is a lot of current activity around evaluating the new website and such, I thought it would be a good time to actually try out the functionality in the new version of the app and provide feedback as well. I would love it if I could just hop back and forth between the two seamlessly…but so far I am not finding the app terribly intuitive to use.

1 Like

Did you close out and see if the evaluated plan shows up under your plans?

Is there a YouTube tutorial on this app yet? I don’t understand anything about the new dashboard. Like danee, I can’t find any of the vague plans I had started on the old dashboard. I’m scared of trying to make an actual touring plan.

2 Likes

Hey folks -

I humbly suggest moving discussions of everything that’s not the Dashboard to another thread. We’re tracking your feedback here for the dashboard, and that would help us make the changes you want, faster. Likewise for updates to other things being talked about.

Related to that, when we add a link to the forum on the new site nav, what should that link display for text? On the one hand “Discussion Forums” is direct. But it doesn’t explain to new users why they’d want to visit the forums.

We might have between 25 and 30 characters for text, maybe a little more, if that helps with suggestions.

5 Likes

Connect with other users in real time

37 chars :woman_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

I like it.

What about for the introverts among us for whom “connect with others” sounds painful?

6 Likes

Read others advice in real time

4 Likes

I’m an introvert

BUT I am completely at home here so that may not count in this case

I see what you’re getting at.

How about

Get trip advice in real time

5 Likes

How do you get to the old site though? It always comes up with the new one now.

I’m with @ryan1 on this, it isn’t behaving as Evaluate used to.

1 Like

My current placeholder is “Questions? Our Forum is ready to help”.

I could also see “community” for “forum”. “Community” implies people whereas “forum” is less direct in that regard.

9 Likes

Search or ask for advice from users ??

1 Like

Magic

What part of the old site are you looking for?

1 Like