Toy Story Land Photo Update

In regards to Slinky Dog, it definitely looks longer than Barnstormer to me, maybe more along the lines of 7DMT?

In post 22 of this thread I posted a picture that shows the relative sized of SDC, 7DMT, BTMRR, and Barnstormer… In area covered, it’s the largest of the 3. Estimated ride length is somewhere between 90 and 120 seconds; too many variables to get it much closer than that until they actually start running trains.

Track is now complete

6 Likes

Wow, it looks like they are making good progress on the whole land.

Some new pictures that were just posted on line.

This one shows basically the entire “back half”. Of note, all 4 of the arches over the second launch area are now in place. The structure for the Alien Saucers looks mostly complete except for theming. The building directly behind the Saucers will be the start of the queue and the building across the walkway will be the QS/bathrooms/gift shop. In the far upper left you can see the new entrance for TSMM taking shape.

This picture shows basically the whole “front half” with a lot of the theme elements and at least some of the landscaping done. The “highlight” of this photo is in the bottom right corner - the first (known) picture of a complete Slinky Dog on the track.

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing!

I’m assuming it’s all geared up for younger kids and families in here?

And that star wars land will have a couple of more extreme rides?

Any chance of a ride create to compete with the quality of FOP in amongst any of the plans going on here?

Pardon my ignorance, but I’m just wondering what park toy story land and star wars land will be in? Are they both going to be in Hollywood Studios?

Yes. Both in HS. Toy Story land opens 2018, Star Wars - 2019 (I think).

1 Like

I thought so, but didn’t know 100% for certain.

Personally I’d expect the Millennium Falcon ride to challenge FOP, but it’s quite early to even guess, much less say with any certainty. I don’t see anything in Toy Story Land to be a challenger there as we basically have a coaster and spinner which should be fun, but not exactly novel groundbreaking rides…

1 Like

They’ve set the new standard with FOP

They should be looking to match it

And then watch the queues and fastpass desperation move from AK to HS!!!

Lol

I think we will definitely see the crazy crowd levels and wait times when Star Wars Land opens. It will be interesting how much Toy Story Land actually moves the needle. I presume it will do well just being “new”, but I’d expect more popular than ridiculous wait times…

Some new artwork released

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/toy-story-land/news/24oct2017-new-concept-art-gives-a-close-up-look-at-toy-story-lands-snack-kiosk---woodys-lunch-box.htm

1 Like

I think you will find that both of the SW rides will do just this. And actually, the new Mickey ride going in will feature state of the art trackless vehicles and never before used visual/scenic technology.

I’m expecting very long lines for the first 5-6 months. Toy Story is a very popular franchise that spans generations, and the “middle of the road, family” approach to the rides will make them popular with a wide cross section of people. Also, it is likely to open right at the start of summer, when lines are typically longer anyway. I don’t know how many people it will draw into the park who weren’t planning on going in the first place, but it definitely keep people in the park longer. But this will barely qualify as a warm-up exercise for the mad crush of people that will fill the park to bursting after SWL opens…

1 Like

Yes to both questions.

Agreed - put a little differently I’d expect Toy Story Land to be more 7DMT type lines than Pandora FOP lines while I expect Star Wars to to put Pandora to shame with the craze it will bring out.

1 Like

Good analogy; I think the target audience is roughly the same. But keep in mind that 2-plus hour lines for 7DMT were not unusual the first few months it was open…

1 Like