Toy Story Land Photo Update

Mack Rides, out of Germany.

1 Like

I put this graphic together showing the relative footprints of Slinky, BTMRR, 7DMT, and Barnstormer.

Obviously Slinky is still a sketch as the track is not complete yet, but the size of the land plot is the same as the others.

2 Likes

It looks like it could get pretty wild!

Love cedar pointā€¦ which ride?

Maverick, in the back of the park where White Water Landing used to be.

1 Like

I figured it had to be that one. Didnā€™t know they made changes after opening, and itā€™s still broken down more than necessary.

Maybe slinky dogā€™s slower speed will combat some of that issue

Upon review the changes were apparently not after the official openingā€¦ they were, however, after test rides had begun and after media day. They announced the shut down just a few days before the scheduled opening day. It didnā€™t officially open until the end of May.

I just read a post that the Slinky Dog track is basically done, but no pictures posted yet.

Well, whoever made the post referenced above is either ill-informed or has a broad definition of ā€œbasically doneā€. This latest picture, just posted today, shows only a small amount of progress on track laying.

But what it does show is the first of the theming elements installed - the first arch over the second launch area. Itā€™s also the clearest picture that we have of track detail.

It also looks like they are making progress on the Alien Saucer Spin (anxious to see how this one is going to be abbreviated)

The two sets of ā€œride diskā€ foundations have been visible for quite some time, but this is the first picture Iā€™ve seen of vertical construction. The larger structure in the back will be the main entrance to the ride, the first part of the queue, and the gift shop. You can also see the covered walkway where the queue continues to the load/unload area between the two ride systems. Still a lot to go as the whole ride will be under a cover, but Iā€™m guessing they wont start that until the actual ride mechanisms are installed.

3 Likes

:joy::joy:

3 Likes

bahahaha

2 Likes

You and I are too much alike. We both picked the same thing to quote!

1 Like

Both childish? :rofl:

1 Like

Hahahaā€¦yes! You nailed that one!

1 Like

Iā€™d say ā€œfree spiritedā€. Because it would describe me, and I would have pulled that quote and laughed if yā€™all hadnā€™t beaten me to it!!

1 Like

Okay, we can go with your word on it or we can use ā€œimmatureā€. hehehe

What do you think @missoverexcited

1 Like

I think immature is a little more accurate!

1 Like

LOL @shanneepantslovesdisney and @missoverexcited. I was all trying to make us a little more socially acceptable for our age. Immature it is! :laughing:

2 Likes

(Abbreviation) LOL!!!

1 Like

So excited this will be open for summer 2018! Anyone know if theyā€™ll aim for Memorial Day weekend or just sometime during the summer (which could in theory even be August)?