Thought M18

Sensing Thinking Judging (vs N____? Feeling, Perceiving I believe.

I love you. You entertain me and make me laugh. Not at you, but with you. Please donā€™t change. :purple_heart:

3 Likes

I kind of do feel like it is my fault. I just feel badly that I made you feel badly. I am one of those people who tends to be funny when I am not trying to be and then when I do try to be funny it falls flat. That does not translate so well into a forum Iā€™m afraid. I am really not a forum person to begin with as this is my one and only to feed my WDW obsession. So anyway, as you can see from the overwhelming response to this post your honesty and humor are much appreciated. If you ever are feeling sad or a little off, you can always stop and think about how well liked you are here and how many people truly respond to what you have to share. You lift up many on this forum and so hopefully you can feel us all lift you up too!

6 Likes

I am a therapist and in my current job, I work with school age children. I have to deal with some pretty outrageous stuff (nothing like what my clients have to endure, but heavy none the less). My Disney addiction is my coping mechanism. Nothing like pouring over details of a magical trip to distract you from the everyday woes.

I would also like to note that I changed my plans so much, I cringed every time I sent my TA a new request/change. I KNOW I was a royal pain in her arse! Then to top it all off, we had to cancel 2 months before we went. Still havenā€™t made it to WDW, but hopefully soon. In the mean time thank you for allowing me to live vicariously through you.

I also want to remind you that it is easy to misinterpret what someone is writing due to the fact the our words are only a small % of how we send information. On these forums we are missing intonation, body language, etc. (emojis can only do so much!). It is easy to spin the message into something different than the sender intended. I am sure by the overwhelming response you have received, no one thinks you are an idiot and you are very loved on this forum! Keep it up and distract us from reality!

8 Likes

Ah- you are a forum person- you are here! Also, please note that no other forum is quite as good as this one. You just happened to pick the best one!

8 Likes

Thank you for that understanding and explanation. I think I may convey a lot of what I try to get across nonverbally or with tones in my ā€œreal lifeā€ and so I am finding that it is difficult for me to always get my point across on the forum. I have run into trouble with texts as well. I think it is a learning process for me and I will be much more diligent in the future. When I think I am being ā€œfunnyā€ I will take another extra close read of that post before hitting the send button!

3 Likes

I am really more of a lurker on this forum than a poster, but I really enjoy spending time in this forum. I love your posts, and really enjoy reading about your plans! I am an engineer, so I love numbers and spreadsheets. My husband and kids like to poke fun when I plan our trips because of the many iterations of spreadsheets I have prior to the trip. I would guess most people on this forum are constantly changing/tweaking their plans before a trip. I know I do!

I really appreciate your honesty and humor! You and so many others on this forum are such a tremendous help with my planning and a source of joy when I sit down and read through all of the posts.

7 Likes

When I worked with couples, texting was one of the biggest problems! We would have sessions devoted to it. As we move into a more technology based society, it is a growing problem. Even though I am aware of this, it doesnā€™t mean that I am immune. I have fallen into the trap more than my fair share!

2 Likes

Yay Spreadsheets!

3 Likes

I get into huge trouble with this from time to time.

I try to be very direct so as to leave no room for misinterpretation. In reality I wind up being so direct as to come across stern and harsh and causing the very thing Iā€™m trying to avoid - hurt feelings and the like! Iā€™m working on it!

6 Likes

do you

Iā€™m an INTP. Weā€™re similar but Iā€™m more analytical and skeptical. I often get myself into trouble by being ā€œtoo honestā€. Sorry. Not sorry. If you didnā€™t want the truth, donā€™t ask my opinion. There are so many INTP memes on the internet itā€™s absurd and they ALL apply to me.

Honestly, I love reading all of your posts. I tend to be a ā€œplan it, set it in concrete, move on to the next set of plans - and what do I need to have to be prepared to improvise on my plans?ā€ type of person. Your regular changes and reasonings give me lots of new thoughts about my next trip(s).

I think itā€™s an amazing joke, TBH. Please note that is not the same sentiment as thinking that ā€œ@profmatt is a joke.ā€ I think youā€™re delightfully fun, in lots of wonderful ways, and Iā€™ve enjoyed trading barbs with you, nearly always with tongue placed firmly and irremovably in cheek, for quite some time now.

Finally ā€¦ SO MANY I-types on the MBTI. Gah! I must be the only E here (ENFP, if youā€™re wondering). :stuck_out_tongue:

Keep on changing things and posting about themā€¦ besides, I love running gags.

Oh look, there it goes!!! :smiley:

5 Likes

I wish you didnā€™t feel like that. I would be horrified if it meant you posted less often or with less freedom.

From a purely selfish perspective, this has turned out to be a great thread ā€” allā€™s well that ends well.

You did set me off, but there was no way for you to know that this would happen. You didnā€™t act maliciously. What you said wasnā€™t hurtful or offensive. Because of my past, sometimes things set me off. Itā€™s like a flashback thing. Itā€™s completely not the responsibility of the person who entirely unpredictably sets me off.

So please donā€™t feel bad. I certainly donā€™t feel badly about you.

2 Likes

WARNING
The following post is a joke. It is intended to make people laugh without offending anyone in particular.
WARNING

Ah, Myers Briggs personality tests. Depending on my mood, I either come out as either STFU or GFYS. :wink:

WARNING
This concludes the joke. We now return to your regularly scheduled thread, already in progress.
WARNING

11 Likes

Doesnā€™t a joke have to be funny.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahah.

1 Like

I think I got the same results! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Mine is sometimes IDGAF. This is particularly strong in the final days of work preceding my WDW vacation

5 Likes

Yay! Glad itā€™s still working and useful!

Ok I had to look that one up too and am guessing it is not the ā€œreel big fishā€ anacronym they were referring to!

What is the advice or more exactly how does it work?