Thought M18

3 Likes

This.is.me! :slight_smile:

Iā€™m not sure thereā€™s much more I can add that hasnā€™t already been said by so many liners. But, I enjoy reading your posts - so much so that DH asks me if Iā€™m reading stuff from profmatt again. LOL Iā€™m fairly quiet on here but check in every day to read posts and connect with everyone through their thoughts and ideas theyā€™ve shared. Itā€™s truly a highlight in my day and Iā€™m thankful for everyone on this forum. Change your plans all you want but PLEASE donā€™t change a thing about yourselfā€¦you are loved by many!

On a side note, Iā€™m touched and impressed by your willingness to share with us your struggles with depressionā€¦I know itā€™s not easy. DD was diagnosed as bipolar several years ago and she had such a hard time accepting that about herself because she felt she was broken. It took many years and lots of love and support to get her to a safe and positive place in her life. I know much of that was because she could talk about her ups and downs without being judged or treated as if she were crazy. Having a solid circle of accepting friends/family is key to maintaining a healthy life and I hope you know that we are all here for youā€¦anytime you need us.

Chin up buttercupā€¦you only have 49 more days until your plans become your realityā€¦and itā€™s going to be the best time ever!!

8 Likes

{{{hugs}}} My DD also suffers from bipolar disorder. I am a very active mental health advocate because of it. Itā€™s not an easy thing for a family to be burdened by, thatā€™s for sure. Glad your DD is in a safe and positive place. I wish I could say the same about mine. She is probably more stable now than sheā€™s ever been.

5 Likes

There are still struggles for sure but, she has made such great strides in the years following her diagnosis. Weā€™ve always told her, itā€™s like any illness, get checked regularly, take your meds and listen to your body. There seems to be some stigma that if itā€™s mental illness, itā€™s not the same as say, diabetes. That has been the area we have worked hardest to change for herā€¦how she sees her illness and being accepting of what she has to do to stay healthy.
ANY time you need an ear to listen, Iā€™m here. Sending you hugs and keeping your DD in my thoughts! :heartpulse:

4 Likes

@profmatt you are not an idiot! I actually think you are so alive, so open, so human. You have given me joy, you have made me think, and you have reaffirmed how delightfully fun yet challenging it is to plan disney vacations. BTW, I donā€™t normally check out the Forum as Iā€™ve found it previously to be less dynamic and less fun than chat, but since you have joined, I find myself wanting to see what youā€™re up to and what you are currently contemplating. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Iā€™ve been doing just that. Iā€™m loving Adam Hattan on youtube. Heā€™s hilarious!!

@profmatt, I too enjoy your posts. I donā€™t change plans often, but thatā€™s because we go a lot! If I miss something this trip, Iā€™ll catch it next time. As I remember reading in the UG years ago, Disney World will always be there. Theyā€™re not going to move it to Iceland.
Last trip, we didnā€™t ride NRJ. Ok, weā€™ll do it this time. I"m pretty sure we wonā€™t ride the two new TSL rides and TSMM on our next trip (I mean ride all three). Iā€™ll try, but if I canā€™t get a FPP, it wonā€™t happen. DH and I hate to wait. The longest we waited was DD and I waited one hour for FEA. It was bearable, but I donā€™t want to wait that long.
And honestly, who wants to hear about your plan changes but us? Weā€™re a uniquely focused group, and luckily, we all have the same focus.

3 Likes

Nooooo. I lurk on here A TON. (I suppose I should post more!)I truly enjoy all your posts and your ā€œshould I or shouldnā€™t Iā€ questions!

I think we ALL have these thoughts. Obsessed with Disney planning and OMG WHAT/WHERE/GAHHHH.

WDW is VERY overwhelming. I mean I took a recon trip in December to be prepared for the family trip in February. While I wanted a trip, I am so thankful I did it. It was worth the expense (which wasnā€™t bad actually!), and our trip in February, was flawless, even with my sister joining us at the LAST MINUTE. (Note: sparkly shoes and a smile will get a guest services CM to make some super amazing magic. They added my sis to ALL our FP plans and dining) But even still, I was stressed most of the trip, because I was the one ā€œin chargeā€ of 6 other humans, two with sensory issues (one kid, the other my dad), my sister (who is just strange), my mother (who hates crowds and gets hangry like no one else I know), and my daughter who may or may not randomly pass out on us(she didnā€™t!).

Lurking on these forums, having a great TA and being prepared, it was priceless. I see your posts as my internal conversations with myself before our last trip!

This next one (we leave tonight), Iā€™m more chill. Itā€™s just DH and I, Iā€™m not even fully packed, but we are gonna go with the flow and enjoy the first vacation weā€™ve taken since our honeymoon (not counting one 3-day stint to Palm Springs, where we ended up having dinner with my parents and kids two nights).

Post away. I love every change, every question, it makes me not feel alone in my disney madness!!!

7 Likes

I change a lot too.

In fact, I just booked on Thursday for a September trip and there is already an email in my TAā€™s box saying ā€œLetā€™s change that resort from POR to CSR - and yes, I know about the construction (I live in NYCā€¦used to noise) and the pool closure (donā€™t do pools).ā€ So that should be done Monday. The one thing I KNOW is certain is MNSSHP on 9/9 since Iā€™ve already bought my ticket. And brunch at BOATHOUSE with my friend who is planning to do MNSSHP with me. And my flights in and out - those will only change if the airline makes changes.

But I do get that humor and tone are very hard to convey over the internet (or any written word) because you canā€™t hear the voice and moreso you canā€™t see facial expressions.

1 Like

You must have realised by now that you are well liked on this site, your posts make people smile and brighten their day. You should have more confidence and belief in yourself, hopefully your post has helped. Iā€™m sorry to hear that you are depressed and have few friends, maybe itā€™s time to make a couple of changes in your life? Sorry if thatā€™s out of line, I donā€™t know what trauma you have experienced, but you seem like the type of bloke that can work out what is lacking from their life and do something to fix it. I have lots of friends, but I can think of numerous people who arenā€™t interested in being my friend, and most of the time itā€™s nothing personal they are just busy and already have too many acquaintances. I hope you make more effort to meet people, donā€™t let the knock backs keep you from trying.

1 Like