This is crazy, right?

Always the mind in the gutter.

9 Likes

DS mentioned he found a rug he would like for his apartment. Of course, it’s a Star Wars ruggable. Although I like the idea of it being washable, I’m sure he will never wash it.

@sanstitre_has_left_the_building You know this group are enablers or you wouldn’t have asked. Go for it. You need to optimize the AP usage.

2 Likes

Oh FFS. This decision is hard enough as it is.

I’m now looking at slightly earlier dates that, for around the same price as before, I get Premium Economy (equivalent to US domestic business) and Aventura. Six nights.

6 Likes

What dates exactly? I’d say mid-February your chances will be much less than 50/50. The next 2 weeks will be the worst. May be getting better by early February.

4 Likes

Currently looking at 2nd-8th. Had been looking at 8th-14th.

3 Likes

Any comments on Aventura (regular) vs Endless Summer (2BR suite)

1 Like

The main benefit of Aventura is that it has walking access to a few things, though it’s pretty far from the main park entrance.

Personally I don’t like the modern feel of Aventura. I kinda like the Endless Summer vibe. I’m not sure you need a 2BR though.

1 Like

You just said, in another thread, you wish you were in WDW sooo… this might be an opportunity to get a room :joy: :rofl: :joy:

5 Likes

Hah! My AP is technically still active, too, I think … Honestly I’d love to do it, but taking kids out of school and missing work is so hard at this stage. I’m like 1-2 years away from being able to miss work and leave kids for longer periods.

3 Likes

LOL… nope you missed the point… you go solo and share the 2bdrm w/ @sanstitre_has_left_the_building. Heck… he could save even more money if someone split the cost of the room since he would have 2 bdrms :thinking:

5 Likes

OMG a $52/night hotel room. That’s amazing.

I so wish I could do this. LOL

3 Likes

Y’all have freaked me out with the COVID talk.

Aventura is the cheapest (by $40, total) of the options. Next cheapest is Endless Summer 2BR (as in, that type of room is cheaper — with the AP discount — than any other type of room). You can technically walk from Aventura to the parks and avoid COVID on the bus. And you can walk to Volcano Bay and maybe that might be nice. Oh. Wait. My AP is two parks not three. Though I was thinking of upgrading.

So you’d go, despite the certainty of COVID death?

3 Likes

:rofl:

Being vaxxed and boosted (and young and healthy), worst case is being stuck for 5 days of quarantine. But honestly I really do think we’ll be on the downslope by then. I have probably already been exposed to omicron and maybe even had it / fought it off.

4 Likes

I’m two of those four.

5 Likes

Having stayed at both and as an adult Aventura wins. Here’s why

1. Walk to boat at Sapphire Falls and can avoid bus entirely
  2. Rooftop Bar
  3. better pool / pool bar
  4. more adult feel
  5. Easy access to dining at Sapphire Falls and RPR with a very short walk
  6. I believe though not sure that the Endless Summer resorts cannot use other hotel pools but the other resorts can pool hop.
3 Likes

I agree having tried it in 2020. He definitely doesn’t. If it was really a 1 bedroom with a living room sure…but it’s not. It’s literally three beds and a picnic table. Totally unnecessary for 1 person.

So then if he get this I guess you’ll have to join him like @vcka says! :wink:

2 Likes

Definitely the case for me, DS, our friend and my momma. None of us really truly felt sick. I mean we complained of things like congestion (mom and I did) but both of us have allergies too. The boys didn’t complain at all. We never got any kind of real illness. I am 1000% sure we were massively exposed a week and a half ago a LOT. The crepes guy just yelled it all over me as I passed him. But I think our boosters kept us from getting truly sick. Maybe our exposure made us a little tired (but not even then not like the actual booster shot did). Maybe a little congested or that’s just cedar fever. It was not noticeable.

4 Likes

Oy!

2 Likes

Wait, I missed it, you guys got sick too?

I don’t know…I was tired for about three days when I got home. Like I fell asleep really fast and slept soundly which given my anxiety is not normal. I had some congestion in my inner ear that sounded like after swimming but alcohol didn’t clear it up (neither pouring rubbing alcohol down my ear canal or drinking the drinkable kind LOL). My mom said she had a headache but cedar is really high here and my dad reminded her she had a headache last year at this time. So maybe, maybe not? Not sick enough to warrant dealing with a doctor appointment for a test for sure.

*Not even as bad as the booster made me feel. But I just know we must have been exposed and were just able to fight it off.

3 Likes