This is crazy, right?

Did you get sick? I missed that in your trip report? I did have to skim at some points becuz I got behind while I was there.

1 Like

When is the trip with the ex?!

December

2 Likes

I was considering getting a Ruggable. Asked a friend about hers and she loves it. /shrug/

My husband and I volunteered for an antibody study. They take everyone: vaxxed, unvaxxed, had covid or not. Every few months they do a blood draw and do two tests: one tells you the antibody levels from the vaccine and one tells you if you’ve been exposed to it. Somehow I’ve managed to avoid getting it at all.

3 Likes

Pre-covid I went to Italy every summer and I always flew economy. It’s not great, but it’s not the end of the world.

1 Like

We were there marathon weekend. Easily the crowd level was 5,000. (That 1-10 scale is misleading). No covid for us. If you were comfortable enough to go on the last trip, what’s different for this one? Wear a mask, avoid people-y places. If you have anxiety over it to the point it would make you have a miserable time, don’t go. If you’re comfortable going, make it a challenge to find all the off the beaten paths to see. Where’s a place you can eat that doesn’t get a whole lot of traffic? What rides are underrated? That sort of thing. Also, if you keep the dates over Valentine’s Day, avoid DS. There will be a lot of date night people out to dinner.

4 Likes

Dude. Take the kids out of school. Miss work. Time with your family having fun will always be infinitely more important.

5 Likes

He who hesitates …

The flight at £890 last night is now £1,240. The Aventura room at $104/night is now $121. Those are the increases in less than 24 hours.

(It gets worse. We have an energy price crisis over here. I currently pay £120 a month for gas and electric. That will rise by an unannounced amount in April. Expectations are a 50% increase. Yesterday they offered me an immediate increase to £160, fixed for two years. Today the offer is £220.)

Yet I don’t seem to be able to give up. I’ve started looking at package deals. I’ve found one similar to what I had yesterday. Outbound flight degrade from Premium to Delight (less legroom). Hotel upgrade to Skyline view. Cost saving of around $100. Same dates: 2nd-8th February.

3 Likes

Just make sure you turn off your lights…

:grin:

1 Like

Not. Helping.

3 Likes

I can add an extra day for $70.

4 Likes

no brainer, yes!

2 Likes

Well, don’t forget to add in the added extra costs of staying extra day (in particular…food).

Well, and the opportunity cost.

4 Likes

What’s the incremental cost of just living at UOR year round? Sarah wouldn’t mind, would she? :joy:

4 Likes

I have been thinking about this article nonstop since I read it - I Gave up My Office Space to Work Out of an Amusement Park + Photos

3 Likes

We discussed doing this with DVC points in another thread a while back, but I think the most economical way to do it would be All-Star or something.

1 Like

This. 100% this.

2 Likes

#goals. seriously, this exact scenario is on my long term goal list. I would loooooooove that!

3 Likes