This is absolute 100% positive proof that WDW will re-open sometime in June, get your Disney face masks available June 15

Shop Disney.com is introducing a line of Disney face masks, a wide variety of styles that can match your Magicbands. Only $19.99 for a set of four. I wonder if they will come complimentary in your resort room as part of your vacation package.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2020/04/disney-introduces-cloth-face-masks-and-donations-for-families-and-communities-in-need/?CMP=SOC-DPFY20Q3wo0430200005A

4 Likes

I love them.

Take all my money.

11 Likes

Star Wars already sold out :frowning:

I got 2 sets of Marvel and 2 sets of Mickey/Minnie (two different size faces in my house).

Our “probably not gonna happen, but lets take advantage of free dining” trip starts June 15…same day masks are supposed to be available :thinking:

3 Likes

I would upgrade your “probably not gonna happen” to “possibly not going to happen” now, with recent indications. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

My wife just let me know about this about an hour ago, and it suggests that Disney will possibly either mandate, or STRONGLY suggest guests wear masks in the parks.

1 Like

MONETIZE EVERYTHING!!!
(sentence)

5 Likes

I’m having a hard time wrapping my head around mandatory enforcement. Especially with little kids. Are you gonna pull a 2yo off Dumbo? Constantly reminding guests to wear them or wear them properly would be several full-time jobs for CMs, I would think.

While some families of little kids may move their trip rather than do masks (Len mentioned self-selecting out of the parks on Disney Dish I think), there’s probably a not-insignificant that will go anyway (for a variety of reasons).

2 Likes

Good call, I’ll downgrade the alert system.

Personally, I’ll guess they won’t really enforce it, but it will be announced, made publicly known, so that enforcement comes through the scorn of other guests and not from CMs directly.

4 Likes

To be fair, it appears they are donating both 1 million masks and proceeds to charity.

I think it’re more of an image play - Disney cares about your health, and maybe it’s easier to get kids to wear masks if they are fun!

5 Likes

Def. And in this particular case, I frankly think it is a good move on Disney’s part. Considering the losses they are facing, having some new source of revenue stream can only help them land on their feet. Since everyone is welcome to wear their own masks (should it come to that) I see this as smart for them to do for sure!

1 Like

I know that and I have no real problem with it, obviously, as I just ordered some :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yes, and if this encourages guest compliance with donning masks, I am in favor

and anyway we can wear them IRL at home :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I am not allowed in a public space without a mask (city ordinance passed three weeks ago) and we need them at work. I officially have an “issue” with masks. This is the 3rd time I have ordered some this week.

7 Likes

A la carte would be a nice option. Some of those are cute but then others are awful.

4 Likes

if you couldn’t get what you wanted earlier, go back and check again. There is additional availability - ships later but can get!!

2 Likes

We were wondering who was going to get stuck wearing Forky since we could only get Med and Lg Pixar.

But I just was able to pick up a Med and large Mickey and Minnie

1 Like

…wear that Scarlet Letter and like it! :laughing:

I Wish they opened up shop Disney to the international peeps.

2 Likes

Narrator: “And so they did, indeed, take all of her money”
:money_with_wings:

11 Likes

Dammit. Now I had to order more (Star Wars).

Stupid Disney and their very effective taking of my money.

4 Likes