Wdw home for NBA?

Totally fine. My ‘rant’ is more reflective of the overall “jumping to conclusions” thing.

Thanks for being on top of verified information as it becomes available and helping @Nicky_S to keep us all informed!

1 Like

it seems more needs to be worked out, and not just with Disney. Players coming out against finishing the season at all. Although the pro resume group seems to be led by Lebron James. That’s a big force to go up against.

True, but from what I read, players who don’t go only face a reduction in pay, something like 1/92 of their contract for each game missed. No reprimand. So people that really don’t want to do this can opt out.

1 Like

I prefer the phrase, “jumping to conjectures!” Because a conclusion sounds so final. But a conjecture? Just making an uneducated guess! :smiley:

1 Like

jumping - puns intended? :grinning:

Also, I miss jump balls in basketball.

Thanks, I’m glad I can help keep some other WDW fanatics informed about what really is happening.

I try to stick to posting real information from reliable, trusted sources, too much guesswork, and rumors.

I try to avoid posting my own guesses, I ended up starting a real s—storm with my post about Disney selling masks back in the end of April but I will point out that I was absolutely correct in my prediction that WDW would soon re-open after June 15th.

Ah the good old days. I wonder where our friend is. I wonder what they think about the fact that - as it turns out - WDW actually IS reopening, and soon, too :wink:

PS almost all of my masks have shipped now, and one set should arrive today :slight_smile: I guess they want me to be prepared!

I enjoy your posts and information. And it’s fun to consider and weigh the possibilities especially when that is really all we are left to do. I thought your idea was a reasonable one. Although it would be frustrating, I would not be at all surprised if that’s what they do with Stormalong Bay. Then again maybe they won’t. I do agree Disney is doing their best, but they have many hats to wear and looking out for the best interests of guests is only one of I’m sure many priorities they have to consider and balance.

I was just wondering where my masks are … We ordered three sets. Hope they come soon!

I think the first ship date for the original posting wasn’t until 6/15?

I know mine weren’t set to ship until ?6/30 (much later in the month).

I am impressed that not only the first ones but also the ones I ordered later in the day are on their way to me (except 1)

Good Morning America had a story about the NBA at Disney this morning. If I knew how to link the story I would.

Yes, it’s just getting to the time they said they would ship. And our Star Wars pack won’t ship until late July, I think.

1 Like

For my clarity, you were given a 6/30 date for shipment, but they have already shipped?

I ordered when the ship date was 7/15. I keep hoping maybe they’ll ship earlier than that.

i believe so. let me go back and double check

1 Like

So the order conf doesn’t have a ship date, probably because it was preorder.

I have gone back to @cherokee_jacket thread (you know the one - proof that masks will be required) and see that the ship date for the second batch was 6/29. So my timeline is probably right as once each batch “sold out” they seemed to be released later with 2 week increments. The first one was probably around 6/15 and so on and so forth. In any case they will be arriving sooner than expected!

I hope that is the case for us as well. And yes, rolling 2 weeks seems to be it, as people saying they ordered with an end of July date.

1 Like

For the love of all things!! Spring Break trip cancelled due to COVID and lost the Polynesian studio. At that point Disney TAs could still rebook, and inventory for TAs is very limited under normal circumstances, so I booked the Yacht Club for check in on 10/14. According to one article, the NBA playoffs will go no later than 10/12! The hotel benefit for TAs is no longer available - for obvious reasons - so if I cancel this reservation, we’re done. I enjoy staying on Disney property for a few days, but not at full price.

This is our third reservation - we had to cancel Spring Break 2019 because I started a new job - and if this res gets cancelled then I’m done! I can accept COVID-related cancellations, but not due to the NBA.

What benefit? Are you talking about a TA rate?