This is absolute 100% positive proof that WDW will re-open sometime in June, get your Disney face masks available June 15

See above.

The details on the masks say, “Not intended for use for children under 4.” So I’m guessing they’ll only be mandatory for those old enough to wear them.

1 Like

From what I read somewhere recently, Disney said that guests would be allowed to wear masks. Which made me think that they won’t be mandatory, nor would they be prohibited as they were in the past.

And these masks are adorable.

1 Like

The mandates from the task force say employees will be required to wear face masks but does not mention the guests. I think they will encourage guests to wear them but they won’t be required.

Just placed my order; 2 sets of Large Star Wars for DS and DH, and Mikey and Minnie and rincesses for me. My order will be available June 29. Hope to wear them in WDW, but I will be wearing them if I ever leave the house. Day 52 of not leaving except for walks.

Anyone want to open a business to ship them to Canada? I know I will buy them from you!

That’s how I read it as well. I can definitely see wearing in enclosed spaces and while waiting in lines - maybe not (depending on how they manage capacity and congestion and whether it allows for keeping distance) while walking about in wide open spaces.

It will certainly be interesting to see how they handle.

Continually taking mask on and off kind of defeats the purpose, though :confused:

2 Likes

Not really. It is merely to catch aerosolized particles that you exhale/sneeze/cough/sing/speak out so that it minimizes spread.

People seem to forget that wearing a mask isn’t meant to protect you, the wearer (unless it is an N95), but to protect everyone else in case you have it and don’t yet know it.

7 Likes

I think the problem isn’t what’s on the mask (in theory it’s your own germs), its using your hands to touch your face to adjust the mask. Now you’ve introduced whatevers on your hand to your face, and whatever was on your mask is now on your hands and you will spread it wherever you touch.

Which is why the best practice is to wash your hands properly before putting the mask on, and after taking it off. Which isn’t likely to happen if you are on/off/on all throughout the day.

3 Likes

This is where having easily accessible hand sanitizer will become key.

5 Likes

Proper protocol:

Wash hands
Don mask, touching only the ear loops or ties
Wear mask
Remove mask, touching only the ear loops or ties and avoiding touching the front of the mask
Place in paper bag
Wash hands
Do the thing
Wash hands
Put mask back on as above

Ideally donning and doffing should definitely be minimized, and when in public spaces should not be removed except for eating and drinking.

12 Likes

I like your thought. Take my ice bucket, cups and coffee maker; leave me 4 of those cute masks in my room! lol

3 Likes

Yes, you are a medical professional. I expect 99.99% of medical professionals at Disney will know all this.

And the 95% of the rest of us not-medical-smart peeps?

4 Likes

We will learn you up good :crazy_face:

7 Likes

Struck a nerve I guess??

4 Likes

You just received a crash course. You’re all set now!

2 Likes

Why so fearful? We will learn how to live ‘with’ the disease. It will be around consistently for a couple years, it is what it is.

3 Likes

All signs seem to pointing to at least partial opening in June. I disagree with you. I have watched the task force meeting, and been following.

3 Likes

Which ones are awful? And before you answer please consider the Infamous Figment Magic Band…

5 Likes