[Theory] Price of Galactic Starcrusier going down in the future

Do/did you have real interest in doing this at this time though? At current pricing?

Interest in doing? Yes. But it is too expensive for me.

Point is, if you drop the interactive story aspect of it, I no longer have the interest in doing it at almost any price.

1 Like

you know olā€™ Joshy and Bobby have already contemplated it. Gotta earn that bonus SOMEHOW.

1 Like

Whereas Iā€™d be interested in staying at the Starcruiser Resort Hotel at a low deluxe price per night. I donā€™t need the storyline, I just would enjoy the theming.

1 Like

:disappointed_relieved: I just want them to be shackled, tongueless, in a dungeon. Is that too much to ask?

3 Likes

ā€¦yeahā€¦kinda. lol I just donā€™t them in charge.

3 Likes

The theming without the cast members would be the only way that could happen. If you want the cast members, you are now adding to the cost, where you are back to needing to justify the high price with the story elements, Iā€™d think.

There is probably a balance. It might be possible for them to have the ā€œmissionsā€ with a subset of cast members that are optionalā€¦but to what end? The missions, in isolation, arenā€™t that exciting. It is only in the greater story that those missing items make any reason sense.

My first thought was guillotine. I thought this was a more humane option! (Iā€™m really not this violent in real life, but what the who? :crazy_face:)

1 Like

Rightā€¦humaneā€¦

2 Likes

No? theyā€™d act no different than your standard Batuuian cast member. The ā€œliveā€ on the ship, instead of on planet. Why do you need to make it more expensive if theyā€™re doing that?

I got bad news for you: the missions arenā€™t exciting no matter what. :rofl:

1 Like

Because the expense is in having them there to begin with.

It is like playing Among Us. Really, connecting red wires to red wires isnā€™t all that excitingā€¦but Among Us as an EXPERIENCE is great, lessened by not having those tasks. I see the missions on the Starcruiser as the same. It isnā€™t so much that they missions themselves are excitingā€¦it is being part of a story where you have to get stuff done to propel the story that makes it exciting.

1 Like

Am I understanding you say this is a $6k for Among Us-caliber experience?

1 Like

It is too expensive for me. But that is separate from what Iā€™m saying. You eliminate the things that make it expensiveā€¦and you have nothing worth even bothering for.

(And, wellā€¦weā€™ve been playing Among Us almost every week for a few hours for 2 years now, without getting sick of it!)

Gotcha.

So you donā€™t see anyone when you visit a hotel normally? Iā€™m not saying itā€™s going to be a bustling metropolis. Iā€™m saying it goes to the standard crew, complete with your standard retail people bopping about.

There really isnā€™t that much high profile crew anyway, nor should there be. Take away your Rey, Kylo, First Order (and involved storm troopers), and Resistance stars, and the roaming musicians. Reduce to roving Storm Troopers from Batuu(doing routine checks) and the captain and youā€™re good.

Which should all easily be covered in the price of a Deluxe hotel stay (of $700+ a night).

What Among Us has that this doesnā€™t is CONSEQUENCES. If you fail a task in Among Us, you die and the game ends. If you get caught, you die and the game ends. If you donā€™t argue your way out of a accusation, you die and the game ends.

if you fail on the Halcyonā€¦ not a friggin thing happens. Iā€™d lay money even that large asteroid thatā€™s heading toward the ship blows up whether 1 gun is trained on it or all.

Thereā€™s no stakes. Which makes the whole thing boring.

2 Likes

This is a very good point. There are ā€œtemporaryā€ stakes, but none in the final outcome.

Right. Which meansā€¦a hotel Iā€™ve no interest in bothering to visit any longer.

Me too. Well not me so much, but DH and the boys.

1 Like

A better analogy for the immersive and interactive entertainment might be the murder mystery weekends?

2 Likes

Yes. How much do those cost? I think this would be expected to cost significantly more for a multitude of reasons, but Iā€™m curious for comparison.

1 Like

1 Like