[Theory] Price of Galactic Starcrusier going down in the future

Carlye Wisel did a cost breakdown in her most recent “Very Amusing” podcast episode.

She likened the hotel cost to a Deluxe Club level (so priced more like $1000/night). And the Batuu/HS excursion is very different than standard admission, she used an hour with a VIP/plaid as the price proxy. I was driving, so I didn’t note her other estimates, but those two stood out to me.

1 Like

Do you recall if she came up with a price that was within the range of what they are charging?

Yeah, she basically said it justifiable now that she’s been through the experience and seen what all was included. She was approaching it from a 2-adult “family.”

1 Like

That surprises me coming from her, so I actually believe it! She does not hesitate to speak her mind.

1 Like

It puzzles me that she would add the cost of a VIP/plaid. From what I have seen in the videos so far, you basically have a free ride to the back of HS from a themed bus and then you are sent off on your own. There is no CM that is guiding you around the park.

1 Like

And that’s definitely the impression from the outside, but you have basically unlimited lLL/LL on the two land rides, more importantly there are “Halcyon” staff around the land to assist with a huge variety of things.

Carlye told a story that RotR was down for a bit and by the time the ride was back up, the LL line was so long that Halcyon passengers couldn’t ride and make their last “shuttle” back on time. There was a Halcyon staff member looking for passengers to usher them ahead of the rest of the LL to make their shuttle back. Halcyon passengers didn’t have to find someone, they had folks proactively looking out for them.

2 Likes

Exactly. I’m not sure what makes it so different, aside from the missions which are basically a curated Disney Parks Play app game.

1 Like

Up thread someone said no - one of each. I wonder which is accurate.

Or I may have misheard or misremembered.

Time will tell as we get more reports I guess! :slight_smile:

Woah! Hold up. “UNLIMITED”? So you can just keep getting on the two Batuu rides over and over and over via the LL entrance!? If that is true, that is a HUGE perk! (IMO, anyway).

Others are reporting only 1 ride each, so I probably misunderstood.

1 Like

That does bring up an interesting thought experiment…

Even if it were unlimited, how many times would you have to go on RotR to make it feel worthwhile?

LL cost right now appears to be $15. Would you go on it once, twice, three times? Would there be enough hours in the day for you to get on the attraction enough times to feel it was worth the price tag?

How much value would you give to not having to be up at 7am and not having the availability stress for booking an LL for Rise?

Those numbers will vary widely per individual. Is that worth the $6k?

1 Like

If they gave you unlimited LL (which sounds like the don’t) I would probably go into Batuu, ride RotR & MFSR then head out to hit RnR, ToT then come back to Batuu to for Olgas, Docking Bay 7 then ride RotR & MFSR over and over until I had to head back to the Starcruiser.

Would unlimited LL alone make the cost of a stay worth it, probably not. But it would help.

1 Like

I don’t think you are able to leave Batuu - though admittedly I don’t know how they prevent that?

Definitely can’t miss Oga’s as part of this experience though.

1 Like

You can. I’ve seen people do it. And I’m pretty sure I read somewhere that you are free to explore all of HS. I’ll see if I can find it.

Q. During my Star Wars : Galactic Starcruiser planet excursion, can I visit areas of Disney’s Hollywood Studios beyond Star Wars : Galaxy’s Edge?

A. Yes. You are free to leave Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge and visit the rest of Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

We do encourage you to fully explore Star Wars : Galaxy’s Edge, as the experiences, encounters and adventures that you have there will impact your story when you return to the starcruiser.

During your planet excursion, transport shuttles run continuously from Star Wars : Galaxy’s Edge back to the starcruiser. The final transport shuttle for the day departs at 4:00 PM. Please plan to be at the transport dock before 4:00 PM.

1 Like

HOWEVER… while you can, the non-spoiler “information only” reports, as well as the CM who helped my TA with my booking, said you really want to spend as little time on Batuu as possible and get back to the Halcyon… while at the same time saying you MUST go to Batuu to fully participate in the story line. So it sounds like 2-3 hours in Batuu should do it - get MFSR, RoR, a few missions done, return.

1 Like

I would also think leaving Batuu would break the immersion

1 Like

Really? That’s not what the FAQ says when I click the link:

6 Likes