The #TornadoBrothers take on WDW

It was just past the initial gate at the “guest services outpost??”
The CM at the initial gate said for us to pick any green lane at the outpost.
There were 4 lanes open when we got there, each lane had about 2 or three people (some cars, some campers) so we got in a line. And we did not make it to talk to the CM until 45 mins had passed after we got in line.
The CM said this was normal for a Friday afternoon check in :woman_shrugging:t2: I’ve never stayed at FW before so I have no comparison.
The CM assigned us a different cabin as the one originally assigned was not available. Then we asked where to get our golf cart and pick up our groceries. She showed us the building on the map (directly to the right of where we were) but said there was really nowhere for us to park and that the best bet would be to drop one of the adults off and let them handle that while the rest of us went to the cabin.
When my DH got back with the golf cart, he said there was a full parking lot we could have parked in and that the CM at the golf cart rental said that’s what that parking lot was for :woman_shrugging:t2::woman_shrugging:t2:
Then , none of our refrigerated or frozen groceries from our prime now grocery delivery had been kept cold. So the milk, creamer, orange juice, yogurt and frozen breakfast items were all spoiled. I have never had this happen at Pop or AoA- I filled out the request in the same manner and ordered the same food and it’s always been kept cold. Not sure what happened.
Amazon is sending a replacement delivery tonight.

Anyway- even with the chaos, we are checked in, heading back to MK just for a quick dinner and so DS6, DH, and BIL can ride SDMT.

Overall it’s a successful day!

9 Likes

The one time I’ve stayed at WL (4 years ago now, I think), that was not a thing! To my recollection we just told the security guard we were there to check in, then drove up to the port cochere. No throngs of people.

Edit: I just realized you are at FW not WL. :man_facepalming: It’s been a hectic day!

1 Like

It appears to be somewhat due to COVID. They did not want us getting out of the vehicle.

2 Likes

$3?!?? That’s amazing. I spend way too much money ears.

2 Likes

Wow what a check in day! Sorry all
The trouble, hopefully things smooth out from here!

2 Likes

Here they are- there are variations but they are actually cheaper now than when I bought them. I needed some Mickey ears for the tornadoes to wear, even if they just wear them for a second.
CLGIFT Set of 12 Minnie Mouse Ears, Disney Ears, Mickey Mouse Ears, Disney Theme Party, Boys and Girls One Size Fits All (6 Variety and 6 Plain Bow) https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07MQV7VJJ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_40ZBKRQY61VH16CKDYZG?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

2 Likes

Fabulous. Thank you.

1 Like

So I don’t k ow where I left off in the actual trip reporting due to the chaos of check-in, so here’s a summary of our day:
Arrive at MK gate at 7.
Get parked, ride monorail at DS6 request.
Walk in, start to do SDMT as a first ride but the line is already at 30 mins so we went to Buzz instead. Here’s there day:
Buzz x 2
Pirates
BTMRR x 2
DH and BIL do Splash, the boys and I do Aladdin x 3
HM x2
PPF
IaSW
Pooh
LTT lunch at 11:45. We stayed until 12:45.
UtS
Dumbo x 2
Speedway
Buzz x 2 again
Then we left to try to check in.
Check in debacle and rest
Return to MK for 6:30 mobile order at Cosmic Rays
Buzz x 2 again (the boys and my DH all love buzz)
BIL , DH and DS6 do SDMT- posted 45 min wait,
Actual 19 mins and also barnstormer
DS2 and I do UtS and Pooh
Then we headed out and caught Mickey and friends on the way out- a perfect ending.
Now we are back at FW and everyone is bathed and preparing for bed.
Overall GREAT Day.
Mask compliance was actually not as good as I thought it was. We saw multiple people walking and eating or drinking- have they changed this rule? Two different times people were eating or drinking in line with a cast member nearby.
Mask compliance on DS2- surprisingly not as bad as I thought. Other than 2 incidents, he wore the mask with minimal complaints. Now, I did see it below his nose several times and had to ask him to pull it up. He only got mad and tore it off twice- both times it was pretty wet and he was also really tired.
Both tornadoes were pretty well behaved given the long trip here.
The worst behavior was on the ferry back to FW when I think DS2 had just had enough and started screaming crying because I would t let him throw his shoes in the lake.

HS tomorrow! Hoping for that RotR BG.
Thanks for following along! I’m falling asleep as I type this lol.

18 Likes

Some more day 1 pictures- George dances throughout the under the sea scene.
I also forgot a hair tie all day and was so glad to have one when I went back to MK tonight.

18 Likes

Sounds like a fantastic overall start. You guys must be toast! Hope you all sleep well
Tonight

3 Likes

Ah @OBNurseNH I thought of you on under the sea the second time-
George and I got to the Ursula scene (after he’d danced his little heart out during under the sea) and I said ooh it’s ursula, she’s scary right George?
He responded “Ursa my friend too”
:joy::joy::joy:

6 Likes

Sorry our paths didn’t cross! We saw Mickey at the end too but I was so tired, I probably wouldn’t have noticed if you were standing right in front of me!

Glad you had a great day. Sorry for the check in issues. I’m so impressed that you had such a full day after driving all night!

Your boys are absolutely adorable and your pictures are fabulous!!

Good luck with the BG. Have a great night!

7 Likes

That’s super cute!

Why did that make you think of me??

There were a few times I was waiting around and scanned for you but I agree about the end of the day, you could have been directly in front of my face and I likely wouldn’t have noticed!
Your pictures were awesome, I’m so glad you are having a great trip!

2 Likes

Wait was it not you that hated ursula?
Someone had a trip report recently and said they didn’t like her and I thought it was you.
I’m also sleep deprived so who knows.

1 Like

Hahahaha! Not me :wink:

But still super cute. I love a kid who is friends with everyone.

2 Likes

Bahahaha.
I don’t have any idea. I could also have imagined it!

2 Likes

What kind of monster are you?!? Someone call whatever Florida’s equivalent of Children’s Protective Services is! :laughing:

Looks like a great first day!

4 Likes

We are at the gate for HS! We got here about 5 mins too early and they made us do a loop and come back to get in line. Everyone slept like a log last night.
And I got a BG!

16 Likes

Awesome!!!

2 Likes