The #TornadoBrothers take on WDW

I’m taking a stab at a trip report. I’m not sure if I’ll keep up with the “live” aspect but I’ll try to do a daily wrap up at least.
Traveling party: Me (Amy, 34), DH (Ryan, 35) BIL (Dale, 38), DS6 (Russell) and DS2 (George).
I went to WDW every year from 1987-2010, then took a break until my first trip with Russell in 2017.
We’ve been as a family in 2017,2018,2019, and 2020 (July)
BIL has not been since 1996.

We are driving in our van- about 14 hrs and mostly overnight with 3 adults alternating driving shifts. Straight to MK we go!

We will be staying at the cabins at fort wilderness and plan on checking in after lunch tomorrow.

We are a “loose” touring plan family. I make touring plans and keep a general idea of what we should do when, but if one of the kids decides they want to ride dumbo 3 times we just kind of go with the flow regardless of the plan.

We have park hoppers and will likely decide where we are hopping based on how the day is going and how the kids are doing.

Plans:
Friday: MK, LTT lunch, check in. Then park hop to HS or back to MK depending on the mood.
Saturday: HS (fingers crossed for RotR!), 50s for lunch.
Sunday: AK, flame tree for lunch, then park hop to EPCOT for garden grill dinner.
Monday: MK, currently have a CP lunch that I may cancel, we may hop back to another park if we decide there’s something we really want to do again. Leaving for home around 4pm.

Here we go!

Oh- DS6 was dubbed RussellTheTornado at 18 months old when he became a force to be reckoned with. We have since dubbed his brother GeorgeTheTornado and collectively they are the TornadoBrothers.

29 Likes

Have a safe trip! I’m excited to follow along! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Can’t wait to follow along!

3 Likes

Have fun!!!

Ask him whether he wants to do Snow White’s Scary Adventure or Mr. Toad’s first. :upside_down_face:

8 Likes

This is genius!

3 Likes

Have a great trip!

Will you be trying the salmon? :joy:

:grimacing:
Not likely!

1 Like

Safe travels!

We’ll be in MK tomorrow too and AK in Sunday. Maybe we’ll see you! My DD is very partial to Dumbo as well. It was the ride she worked for her DCP, do yes, we are adults who ride Dumbo multiple times :smile:

Love your name for your boys :heart::heart::heart:and I completely understand with two of my own, older, but not easier!

5 Likes

How awesome if our paths cross!

4 Likes

We will be at HS on Saturday too! Probably in Fancy Nancy theme to match my DD6, feel free to say hi :blush:

5 Likes

Tornado Brothers! I love it! Please get a picture of your Russell with the Russell statue at AK! :joy:

Can’t wait to follow along tomorrow!

4 Likes

Here he is on his first Halloween and then in AK on our 2019 trip!

29 Likes

So cute! Those little guys! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Safe travels tonight! Have fun!

3 Likes

Salmon is one of those foods that you can have 10 great pieces and one bad one. Just like every so often we get a nasty piece from the grocery store. :nauseated_face:

So I wouldn’t let my DD’s one piece affect your decision :wink:

2 Likes

Haha, I don’t know, it was pretty convincing!

2 Likes

Safe travels!

1 Like

Your boys are adorable!! Love Wilderness Explorers. That was one of my favorite things to do with my boys.

2 Likes

Hope you have a great time!

2 Likes

Hoping the overnight drive was smooth, @Amy11Russ! Have a magical day at the Kingdom today!!!

4 Likes